doctors have to find a quick way to make us get better!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by life, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. life

life Well-Known Member

Come on we are living in 2006!......Everyday new technology is made.....İlnesses are being cured...what about mental ilnesses! they have to do someting for us!........................................Something there must do something......before our lives are ruined doctors scientist do someting for god sake cuz i cant do nothing!..........:sad:
  2. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

It is actually 2007! :biggrin: But I don't disagree with you.
  3. Mike Meyers

Mike Meyers Member

LOL. 2007.

RIght now medicine is fairly inept but there is some progress. A good diet, regular exercise, proper nutrional supplementation and medication can all help cut depression and by proxy suicidal ideation.

Give it 20 years, we will actually know what we are doing wrt brain science by then. Right now all we have is quasi-useful bandaids.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Things have come a long way in the advance of medicine, but it seems as if it is nowhere near where it should be. I wish they could concentrate more on helping and less on making a profit and hiding things that can help. my opinion of course.
  5. flatline5150

flatline5150 Member

I don't undertsand what kind of reality you ppl are living in but let me tell you how things are from a real view into this subject. Doctors don't give a shit about a cure for suicide ok. why? very fuckin simple- survival of the fittess! That's what this world runs around. If you don't comphrehend this than I will be glad to shed sum light n2 your grey area. Don't write me back with a BS arguement. It's very obvious that this subject is blk&white.
  6. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Not really. That's what this world runs around if you're just basing it on what you see on television and read in magazines. What this world 'runs around' depends on how you see the world and what you call running. If a person is, much like yourself, a pessimist then yes, that narrow description of humanity fits the profile pretty neatly. If you expanded your horizons a bit more you would realize that your opinion is not the only one around and something as complex as the way the world functions cannot be crammed into a single phrase.
    Suicide is not an illness, it is a choice and therefore there is no 'cure' for it. The only people able to prevent it are the ones committing it. It's a bit rude to throw the blame on doctors when you know little about what it is they are actually doing and aren't doing anything about the problem yourself, some of those doctors are working day in and day out to develope treatment for many forms of mental illness to help those of us that suffer from them.

By the way, it's 'fittest'.
  7. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

We still have a long way to go in understanding how the brain works. I bet there are lots of people working on better ADs.
  8. ari

ari Staff Alumni

Part of the problem with "mental illness" is that the spectrum is so broad...the other day on the way to work I was listening to the radio and the news was on...and they were talking about a congressman from my state going to lobby to get "autism" manditorily put on insurances for a Neurological Disorder and not a "mental Illness disorder" This is a step in the right direction do not get me wrong...It is my belief that all mental illness' should be maditorily put on insurance without a cap on how much of this service that you should recieve. It is my belief that it should be this way because even most doctors will tell you that "most" mental illness' are chemical in origin...hmm which leaves most to say that it is is so my wish that people and the many groups would get that there would be more support and treatment options. This really saddens me when I see so many commercials on the TV from drug companies...telling people to support...."deppression hurts...."what a friend could do"......those of us that know think hmmm wow Really? no kidding. but then there is the other side..when we actually try and get help there arent many service available in all area's ...for me...there are no support groups, there are no eating disorder option around my immediate area,,,,there arent even any psychiatric hospitals in close recieve any type of in depth treatment other than a therapist I would have to travel over 2 hours....for eating disorder treatment I would have to travel 4.....People need to wake are disappearing...and when you are in the depths of find it hard to travel 5 minutes less 4 hours.....
    I agree that there are many many ways that they are learning to help, to give treatment..but there needs to be treatment available, and insurances that will cover the treatments. there just needs to be support in general.
    sorry I think I may have gotten off on a tangent.
  9. life

life Well-Known Member

Opppss sorry 2007 hehehe :)!.......Like For example NLP ! i dont know if u heared Nlp...never mind 1 year ago i went there to cure my shyness !...i am a person who cannot relate to people due to shyness and other things.. he sat me in a room and said to me think through my past till now and things that scared me......When i was 6 years old a clown scared me and he said that that might be the problem then he done somethingsssss i dont know (i learned that they were playing with my brain indulation !!!!!!!! ) when he finished i came out completely different person i was feeling confident and i even was making jokes :huh:..........2 days then boom back to my self:mad:......................Then this means that there is something that can cure mental illnesses! yeah? Like hypnosis and those stuff!.............
  10. life

life Well-Known Member

Like when i think of if i wasnt like this how my life would be i just get very angry! very angry! and that anger turns into a hate towards people!...........İ want to hurt people sometimes !this can be anyone ! İ feel pissed of to my self and to my life....İ know that life is fabulous besides my feelings!.......But being like this nopeee! FEELS LİKE SOMETHİNGS İS MİSSİNG SOMETHİNG THAT İMPORTANT İS MİSSİNG :sad: :sad: :sad:
  11. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

Guess what. Doctors want money. They want you in and out. Prescribe whatever the latest money-maker is and send you on your way. The drug companies continue with their placebos because they have no clue. Money's money. They don't give a sh*t. Ain't happening, never will.
  12. roro

roro Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as "mental illness" people who suffer from these really have a physical illness, it just hasn't been identified, or it is neurological or a disease of the brain.

instead of trying to find answers to see what disease is causing these symptoms, researchers are using "psychiatry" which is just a bunch of quackery. there are no diagnostic tests, they just ask questions and treat with meds that have no scientific reason to work. its all trial and error.

there is some trial and error in physical medicine, but at least with physical medicine they are TRYING to find causes, with mental illness there is no science whatsoever. some day when they find the reasons for these diseases the whole field of psychiatry will be useless and abandoned, and folks in the future will look back at psychiatrists like they were witchdoctors.

(I am not talking about psychology, and emotional issues, some psychology is actually helpful)

Maybe some of the meds help temporarily but in the long run many hurt more than they help. some of the meds may prove to actually have a scientific reason why they work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.