Doctors Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in to see a doctor that I was refered to by W.C.B yesterday for my shoulder this doctor was suppose to do a referal for some triggerpoint injection theraphy the first time in my life I was told to take my shirt off without being givin a gown to put on with this doctor still in the room and told to turn around as he grabbed both my breasts he is suppose to be checking my F***ing shoulder I don't know maybe I have muscles there that are connected to my shoulder I don't know but it was very uncomfortable I have had this shoulder injury for 3 years now and seen many doctors and not 1 has ever checked my breasts I want to talk to my family doc about it but can't get into see him for a week I feel sick and violated or is it in my head???

B

BeenThere

As far as i no it isnt routine.It might not be a bad idea to get in contact with the authorities with his name,what time you saw him etc.Right down and explain everything you went to see him for and what he did.

B

BeenThere

Yes you should.And i think he may also provide more information as to what you should do.Sorry first response for me would to call the police but yes talk to your doc but document everything.

Scum

I agree that you need to write everything down, even before you speak to anyone. Date it and sign it too. That way all the facts will be there. The longer you leave it the more you will forget, and the brain also naturally confuses things. This way there can be no discrepencies.

It is possible that he was checking your breasts legitamately, ie some breast lumps can present as shoulder pain, however, it was not right for him to do it in a manner that made you feel violated, so I definitely agree you should speak to your family doctor.

Write it down and when you go and see him/her take what you have written and s/he will be able to make an informed decision on it

B

BeenThere

Yes scum summed it up nicely.i would imaginge if he were checking for lumps he would perhaps tell you "i am going to check your breasts for any lumps in case that may be what is causing yadda yadda yadda" but who knows.Best to see your doc right away.

Scum

It's good that you have found the replies useful honey. It can be a lonely world when you are confused and scared about something, so hopefully we have helped you develop a plan, or given ideas as to what to do next.

Take care of yourself and please keep us updated.

If you want a chat or anything, then feel free to PM me

Scum

That's excellent well done you :)

You should treat yourself to something positive for having to go through such a tough experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00