Does any else get pleasure from watching someone burn alive?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by BlueMagoo, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueMagoo

BlueMagoo New Member

This is a strange question:

I've just watched someone burn alive, and ascertained quite a lot of pleasure from it. (Not actually someone burning alive in real life. It was a dramatization). But my body, nevertheless, started tingling- almost erotically. Afterwards I even noticed that my overall morale had risen.

Now although this isn't the first time I've reacted in such a way to watching the sort of incident described, I think it may be the first time that I've personally acknowledged its existence in myself.

So therefore, in an attempt to recall on past experiences that might be possible root causes to this bizarre sexual response of mine, I recalled watching a scene from "From Tusk Till Dawn", wherein- during a bloody shootout- Quentin and George teamed up to ignite a convenient store attendant with whiskey induced flames. Following the event, the attendant uttered the typical, cartoonish, exaggerated shrieking sounds frequently used by actors and actresses when performing a movie moment of the type. Furthermore, thereafter the attendant's body began to crackle, as it disintegrated in the intense heat of the flames.

The crackling, I think, is what aroused me.

------

Then today I watched one of the Tree House Of Horror episodes of The Simpsons. It was the episode containing a parody of the Hansel and Gretal fable. Near the end of the story, a witch (you know, the one who lived in the gingerbread house) was aggressively shoved into her own cauldron (happening to be fantastically hot at the time), and, of course, the usual shrieks and subsequent crackling sounds replayed predictably.

Besides finding the scene hilarious, I was once again sexually aroused.

Now I notice that whenever I happen to fantasize about bonding an overweight female subject up at an isolated location to watch the terrified look on her face while I proceed to light a trail of hay ultimately leading to her naked, gas-soaked self, I get moderately aroused-- If not for sexual reasons, then perhaps comedic ones.

I hate that I have this response to such a horrible incident. And although I don't think I'd ever act on it, I'd rather it just not exist in the first place.

So I'll reiterate my initial question:

Does anyone happen to have any suggestions on how I can suppress this fantasy or alas perhaps even annihilate it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
  2. NoMoneyToPlease

NoMoneyToPlease Banned Member

You seek aversion?

May I suggest you try frying bacon in the nude.

On a very low stove if possible.

3. victor

victor Account Closed

even i'd try that, u know

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'd suggest you just don't dwell on the fantasy at all. Posting this thread probably stuck it into your mind firmly. I personally do get sexual pleasure from reading about torture and execution methods (burning alive is an exception for me, however, but that doesn't mean you're sicker than me or anything) but since it doesn't interfere with my life it's not considered to be a medical problem, and should just be ignored.

5. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I must admit that I have never seen anyone burnt alive, but if I did it wouldn't bother me. I don't think I would get 'pleasure' out of seeing anyone die, but you never now. I do like watching torture type films.

I don't think you will be able to supress these feelings as it is a personality trait, and as long as you don't fgeel the need to be 'involved', then there is nothing to worry about. In fact, I think you would expereince a negative impact on your life should you try to supress these feelings.

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you are concerned about your reaction to such a horrific scene I think talking to a therapist might help to see why this happens A sexual coucillor even might help you to see why as well. Just a thought take care

7. lurktheshadows

lurktheshadows Well-Known Member

hahahaha <3

Ok, so you're a sadist...that's common, nothing to be completely ashamed of, as long as you don't act on this particular fantasy

I am a masochist, I have rape fantasies and other's I won't mention..but I wouldn't..actually put myself in that sort of situation (if that were even possible)..I wouldn't act on it

there's other, milder ways..of fulfilling these sexual inclinations in the bedroom.

You don't have to "suppress" your fantasies, in most cases that just exacerbates the problem.

I also suggest talking about this with a therapist, exploring why you think you feel this way...
    and then..accepting it

I've heard worse, if that's any consolation ^__^

seriously, you never actually burned anyone alive..and hopefully have no actual inclination to do so (if you do, you actually need help)
    so, as long as it's just a fantasy, you're completely fine
    IF you think this fantasy will lead to violence eventually or is unbearably emotionally upsetting, please seek help

if not

you're fine <3 Stop feeling guilty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.