Does any one else do this?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Twisted Sweet Lies, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

Does any one else take pictures of their cuts? I haven't cut in a long time but when I did I would take pics. I just like looking at them and seeing them. Also it kind of serves as a memory of what use to be after ever thing is healed.
  2. altek001

altek001 Well-Known Member

...the scars should be enough of a reminder...don't you think?

i took a picture a few years ago of where i cut. it's...vivid. and...i guess some people with a macabre sense of art would appreciate a thing like that, macro shots of blood and all but personally, i don't think it's a good idea.

...just how i see it.

take care. bless.
    - Henry
  3. jhayes0027

jhayes0027 Well-Known Member

The only time I ever thought about taking pics was once when I was overly depressed. I wanted to slit my wrist and show it to all the people I talk to online before I passed out from blood loss or something. Finally I came to the realization that this was stupid, irresponsible, and unfair to all those people. I also know I"m not the kind of person to do things like that just for show.

Other than that I've never even thought about it. All I gotta do is look up or down my arms for a reminder. I've done it enough that I don't even hide it anymore as I can't. I started at the top where it could be hid, ended up all the way down to my hands and fingers before it was over. So pics would be most useless I suppose unless I was using them to show people why they shouldn't do it or something.
  4. I have... yeah
  5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Hmm..I might be a bit morbid, but oh well.
    Yeah, I've taken a picture or two once when I went very, very deep, but I don't take pictures just because. :dunno:
    I do know that other people take pictures of theirs' though, so don't feel weird or anything. :hug: Take care.
  6. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I've taken pics of them before..i try not to now b/c it only reminds me of bad thats just me
  7. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I have...but I don't show anyone. And I don't look at them either. I don't cut super deep so most scars sorta fade away. I don't know, it feels good to remember that I paid the debt for my stupid mistakes.:sad:
  8. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

I've wanted to a couple times but I lack a digital camera :(
  9. AJ23

AJ23 Member

i did, i don't know why, but as much as i was drawn to the cuts on my arms, like a security blanket, so as were the photo's, as for the macabre, i did that too, being a photographer and liking anything risky, i have macro shots of blood and blades, B&W's of hanging, so on, got in big trouble at school for handing them in :p
  10. Wonderstuff

Wonderstuff Staff Alumni

I have done a couple of times. Mostly it's just pictures of scars, but there is one where it's still a bit bloody. The stupid thing is, it's on my phone, so sometimes it's all too easy for me to get it out and look at it, lol. Oh well, serves me right I guess.
  11. special_needs

special_needs Well-Known Member

I keep some in my mobile phone. Dont really know why, but i see them quite often.
  12. iracund

iracund Antiquities Friend

i've done it. mostly with my cell phone too. i don't know why. some weird sense of satisfaction? i don't like looking at them though because they really make me want to get back to that place in my head and feel the rush and feel how good it felt at that moment in time.
  13. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

ya i do sometimes i havent in a long time but i just wanted to see them again idk, it reminds me of what was going on then and i can reflect *shrug* idk
  14. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

Yes, I took pictures of one really deep cut I did some months back. I still look at them from time to time. The scar alone should be enough. :rolleyes:
  15. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Yeah, I do it all the time. I take pictures with my phone so that i'm able to look at them whenever I want without people noticing.
  16. I've taken a few pics of my cuts and scars, but they are also on my mobile phone, as not to be seen by anybody else. I don't know if it is just being able to look at those pictures and remember where I was at that time, and know that I got out of that bad place, or if, when I look at them they only bring me further down.
  17. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I do ALL the time, ever since i started, if they dont turn out good enough, i go deeper.
  18. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i did it once to see how my arms look, but i erased them because i dont let anyone see my scars
  19. Twitch-J

Twitch-J Guest

i've taken pics before.. before during and after.. recorded it once.. recorded my self making the big one across my chest.... mmmm... yea.. was really bored when i did that...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.