does any one ever feel...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx Well-Known Member

is it just me or do other people also feel really shity sometimes and just not know why...??
    i know what i'm feelin but i cant remember why i feel that way...
    sometimes i cant remember what happened to make me this way...
    it makes me feel worse...i just wish i knew :(

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people feel like that to be honest.

Sometimes the reason is just a chemical imbalance in the brain, not actual physical circumstances or events. It can be hard, but try not to beat yourself up about it. A previous therapist used to say to me 'it is what it is'. Could you try and just tell yourself that? You feel far more bad than you should, without adding even more pain to that because you don't know the reason.

Do you have any professional support?

3. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

sort of...i have a shrink...but i dont like her or talk to her much...i dont see the point....

4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Often, the more we tell people, the more they understand so the more they can help. maybe the point of telling her might be so that she knows as much as possible, which potentially puts you closer to feeling better than you do right now.

5. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

i tryed....when i fist started talkin to her i really tried to get it all out....tried to make sence of alot of it ..
    but not all for it is past...alot of it is that its still present...and cant seem to get out of this desrtuctive cycle....

i really just want it all to be ok...i just want to be NORMAL.... :'(

6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

If you're trying to be normal then you're going to struggle because there isn't really any such thing as normal. Although working towards wanting to be better, or happy, or ok, is great.

When you started to talk to her, how did you find she reacted? I'm just wondering if what you need is not what she is giving, which has made you withdraw a bit. How long have you been seeing her?

7. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

for about 3 months...i told her about the voices and she acted like i'd really lost it....looked at me all wierd and stuff

8. LSD

LSD Well-Known Member

yeah there is nobody who can be called "normal"

and calm down.. maybe there is no specific reason for you to feel that way..
    we ca say that your brain is kinna broken.. and with that dysfunctional neurotransmitters are the reasons you feel that way

the search of a good therapist can be really long
    if you don't feel comfortable with her.. see another!!!
    maybe she isn't the one :p
    you must find someone who you feel comfortable with and who you could trust your secrets

.. and if you go step by step im sure you can go out of that cyrcle
    ... be strong as you have been so far!!

9. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Well, she just sounds completely rubbish to be honest.

I would think that maybe looking into seing someone else could be very beneficial for you. Maybe that's worth a try?

10. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

yeah....maybe i will..
    i all just seems so pointless...

11. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

It can be so hard when your motivation is lacking, but the point is that each time you try, you could be closer to feeling better, which is what you want. There are so many different types of therapy and different therapists, so there are infinite options to try. There are also a variety of different meds, combinations and dosages, and on top of that you also hve things like support groups, volunteering, befriending, and many other different things that can contribute to changing lives and making a difference.

12. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

i hope they do.....

13. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I hope you can find things that work for you too. Remember that if you try something and it doesn't work, you are closer to finding what does work.

14. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

or further frm getting better...i just feel like i've been battleing this all soo long already
    i'm really starting to loose motivation...
    and i hate to say it but everything i think...everything i feel is all just negative
    i cant feel happy about anything any more...

15. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

What makes you think it makes you further from getting better?

Yes, It can be so, so hard when you have been battling for so long, I can relate to that a lot. Its also not a surprise that you're feeling negative given the things you have to deal with, but that can be beaten. Are you able to try rationalising those negative thoughts?

16. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

yeah....it all just seems shit...
    i've tryed to think of it all like its not my fault...i've tryed to see it frm all side..
    its always my fault....its all ways shit...i cant get away frm it....

17. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

What is your fault?

18. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

everything....all of it.....
    its all my fault...the reason i am the way i am is all my fault..
    the reason everyone that knows me gets hurt...is all my fault
    the reason i dont let people touch me anymore...is all my fault
    the reason he picked me ...is all my fault...

19. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

From what you say I can tell its not your fault. You don't have control of everything, so therefore its not your fault when everything goes wrong.

Often its far easier to blame ourselves because it means that maybe things might be different and blame implies some form of control. Its very hard to accept that things that happen are without our control and would happen regardless of what we do or did. So those things would have happened no matter what you did or didn't do. Its scary to admit we don't have the level of control we feel we need on life though.

20. xXxBrOKenWiNgSxXx

it is my fault...its all my fault.... it will always be my fault....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.