Does anybody cut the bottom of their feet?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Fatalwishes, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatalwishes

Fatalwishes New Member

I cut mine and peel off skin until I bleed. I do it all the time. My psychiatrist and I both feel since getting beaten as a child into blackness for cutting my arms I moved to the bottoms of my feet so I can do it undetected.

I keep cutting until the pain is intolerable. I leave little blood trails around and require two to three pairs of socks to get around the next day. I've tried to stop and the only thing that seemed to help was Abilify but it go too expensive.

I have a host of issues, this is just one of them.

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Sending you a *hug*...
    that must be so painful and distressing....I hope you find a way to stop..

3. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I never cut the bottom of my feet, but I did use to (and still ocasionally do)rip the skin off the heel's toes exc until I bleed. I consluted a therpist about it years ago an he said that it is a form of self mutilation in the same vain as cutting. I did it partially to be undetected but also because the pain stays with you the entire day, really every time you take a step.

One thing that I found that helped was mousterizer used on the feet, makes the feet soft and more senesative and more difficult to cut because you feel the blade going in quicker because the mousterizer rezitalizes all the dead skin on the feet (I used a blade useally from a nail clipper to make an incesion and would then just rip the skin off). You have to have a higher pain tolerance to cut living skin then dead skin and when I tried to do it I lost my nerve.

Hope this helps

4. Fatalwishes

Fatalwishes New Member

You understand. I suppose I should have been more specific. My heels and balls of my feet are bloody messes. And you are right. It lasts all day. The pain that keeps giving. I've tried lotions, potions and all sorts of things to stop. I hurt too much on the inside so my feet suffer.

Glad I'm not alone in this.

5. Fatalwishes

Fatalwishes New Member

Painful yes. Distressing? Not really. Its a big relief and a habit.

6. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

I have done that in the past. it hurts but it is a relief.

7. Withdrawn

Withdrawn Well-Known Member

I thought I was the only one cutting the bottom of the feet!
    I use a nail clipper and sometimes a pair of scissors, and I cut until it bleeds.

Lots of hugs from me. :hug:

8. I do this too. Well, I'm trying to quit, and I don't do it as much as I used to. I'm only quitting because my husband found out and he thinks it's gross and I already feel like a disgusting mess. Anyway, I thought this was super weird...I can't believe that I'm not alone in this. I'm sorry you go through this too though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.