does anybody else feel like this around the holidays?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by aviewfromchaos, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aviewfromchaos

aviewfromchaos Well-Known Member

i have just hit a moment of rock bottom. my fiance was just hospitalized and we have no money whatsoever. i just got a 3 hour screaming lecture from my mother because i haven't done what SHE wanted me to do with my life. suicide just seems like the only way to end this cycle anymore. =/

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi A View...yes, the holidays do feel awful to many people, and it also seems like you have so many other things on your plate as well...so sorry about your fiance and that you were met with such unkindness by your mother...please continue to share with us what is going on and how we can support you...big hugs, J

3. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

You haven't hit bottom. Hospitals are easy to not pay. In the last couple of years I've been to an ER twice and took an ambulance ride to a stay in the psych hospital and didn't pay a penny.

4. topper

topper Well-Known Member

You in the States? :justcurious:

5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I hope the 'Obamacare' bill gets passed so Americans can have access to afordable healthcare.

6. topper

topper Well-Known Member

It was passed, but doesn't do much to make care more affordable. The public option, was barely even debated, despite Obama's campaign promises. Despite a few good things (people can't be denied insurance for pre-existing conditions, kids can stay on their parents insurance until 26 y/o), it was mostly a mandate that people now HAVE TO buy insurance from the big insurance companies that are already incredibly ineffecient, driven by profit, and thus work to deny care as much as possible to keep profit margins up.

The public option would've been akin to Medicare (what old people and disabled recieve) for everyone, it would've enabled a not-for-profit option to compete with private insurers, and could've driven competition that could've made costs go down.

Our political system is broken. Corporations and the rich have much more power and influence over what actually gets done than the average citizens, who are mostly too distracted to notice. So what actually gets done tends to favor those in power.

Obama and the Democrats might be a better option than the Republicans, but by and large both parties favor corporate America and maintaining the status quo.

Sorry to get off-topic... :badhabit:

7. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Yes. Southern Cali. 1st ER visit I filed bankruptcy not too long after so I didn't have to pay that. 2nd ER visit they didn't even take any of my personal info or ask for payment. Then the psych hospital is free for county residents that get 5150'd. Well it's free for people without insurance at least. Got a $1432 bill for the ambulance ride there though. I sent them a letter saying they'd never get paid and they called me and asked if I had insurance and that's hopefully the end of that.

8. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

As of the first of this month to the end of the month, I got free health care.
    Took a 4000 dollar deductible to get it but I am using it as much as possible now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.