Does anybody else get depressed for no reason at all?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by InnerStrength, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

It's very aggravating getting depressed for no reason, at least not one I can easily find. This depression just pops up out of nowhere sometimes and these are the moments when I just want to...not exist. Because it feels like depression will follow me everywhere. I think my very "simple" life is what causes the sadness to pop up at random moments. I guess thats what I was trying to say. When depression hits you randomly. When you think you can forget about life's problems, and then it all comes to a screeching halt. Does anyone else have these seeminly random bouts of depression?

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

You must remember that depression is essentially a chemical imbalance in your brain.

So you might not be able to think of an emotional or mental reason (doesn't mean there is not one though), but that doesn't mean there is not a physical one.

Maybe your brain struggles to adjust the chemicals to levels that are appropriate to you. Are you on anti-deps? Anti-deps adjust the chemicals back to the levels they should be, so it might be worth going to the docs to either see about being put on meds and/or therapy, or going BACK to the docs (if you are on meds) to see about a med change, or dosage increase.

It might also help you to try and chart this. There might be some totally random trigger like a full moon, or cold weather, or something like that.

If you can try and get a big wall calendar and then maybe colour in every day you feel bad. You might start to notice a pattern emerging, or you might not. But it might be worth a shot.

Take care of yourself

3. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I get depressed for no reason what so ever I'm bi polar after all so I have many mood swings.It's hard because even if there's no triggers I'd get depressed.

4. Evo_L

Evo_L Well-Known Member

Yeah, very much so. I used to get it at work a lot and be totally unable to concerntrate in my job. Sometimes I'd make up excuses and go to the toilet to just hide myself away.

5. poison

poison Well-Known Member

I too have had problems with getting depressed out of nowhere, but I was diagnosed with depression as well.

6. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Me too. I can wake up feeling great and sometime during the day, for no reason I can see, feel like shit all of a sudden. I'm diagnosed depressed, with anxiety, and bi-polar, so maybe the be-polar has something to do with the unexplained mood swings.

least

7. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

Often throughout my life have a I found this to be the case... How I wish I could see what it was.. I like the charting idea made by Scum.. I think I may try that out and see what comes of it.

8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I hope that it can bring you some sort of knowledge, ideas, patterns, or something that can help you. If the idea helps one person then that's fab! Good luck with it. If you feel able, let us know if anything comes from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.