does anybody else have hard time relating to others?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by perry_mason, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i mean i was ripped off and hurt and destroyed by a few people who i lov e and who meant everything to me, i wont be able to trust anybody or be close to people every again but im slowly finalllly learning tobe a little bit social (coz i have no choice reallyl other wise i would be a recluse).

the prob i have is creating a normal b ack-story to my (lack of real) life.
    ppeople talk abou t what they did on weekeneds etc, what event they got up to in the past, holidays they have, friends they see, events they do, etc. i have non of that.

not that i get asked very much but when i do, i have to ocome up with a generic very basic story. i.e. for what i did every weekeend 'oh you know, just the usual - went out with a ffew mates, be social, have some drinks' where the reality wouldbe 'oh you no, i got no friend coz the people i love just used me and rip me off so i barely got out of bed, took too many pills , and had too much to drink again but it wasnt all bad you know, i didnt atttempt suicide this weekend'.
    obviously people wont want to hear what i really didd.

it is the sam e with past events as well, i havenever had birthday party or never been trick or treating etc or any of those thing that should be basic and normal but i have no idea bout them or how to react.

im guesssing others on here may have had similar issues but do you just keep going on with this 'false' life?
    i hate lying , i never used to do it or understand why you woul d need to but it hjust comes naturally now but it doesnt make it any better to me.

ok i guess im ranting here coz im drunk so i better end this now.
    but also listen to bloc party coz they are epic.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Absolutely I do have a problem relating to others, and I feel they have a hard time relating to me. I can only explain to some of my friends how depressed I am, but I feel only this forum would be able to understand how I'm truly feeling. You don't have to lie about things in your life, you just need to be around people who will accept you for who you are. At least here we will accept you no matter what.

3. perry_mason

edit, it not just birthday party i never had either:

[from my blog]
    things ive nevre had
    friend
    girlfriend
    sex and all of that
    birthday party
    trick or treating
    sleepovers
    travel
    holidays
    music festival
    university life with friends and gigs and sex and all that shit

everyu thing else [that people i thought were my friends] ahelped me with
    like mcd's
    and trains andmovies and well everything nice and cool and stuff

4. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I feel like I don't relate to other people ... Because most of them look down on me or just don't seem to understand me.

Trevor,

5. Witty_Sarcasm

I haven't experienced most of those things either...but it doesn't make us abnormal. It just means we haven't experienced those things yet and there is still time to.

6. perry_mason

thank you for replying, it mean a lot, at least i know it not just me.
    i don't be around people much now so it don't matter to me really even though i miss people but they ripped me off and lie to me but do you friends be actual friends and not just lying to you?

7. perry_mason

yeah i understand that even when i was sober i talked about News. and nobody understood me and thought i was weird.

i feel it too late now and how can i do them if i have no friends? it too late for me.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

People have hurt me a lot too, so sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is really your friend. If someone does bad things to me, I just cut them out of my life. You don't have to put up with anyone treating you like that. And if you don't want to be around people much, that's ok too. You can take some time to yourself, or just post on here cuz you can still talk to people, without having to be around them.

9. Witty_Sarcasm

You can still have fun even if you don't have friends. Just do what you want for yourself.

10. perry_mason

well i mean aimee cut me out of her life once the bulk of my money was spent but i still can't still forget her. i don't care about any of it beinng ripped off, i just want to be able to be with her like it used to be.

i try meds, and drunk and everything but i cant forget.

i cant have fun coz im a loser but if she said lets do 'X' i woul d do it. i hate people but i f she wanted to be in the middle of a moshpit with me i would be there with her.

11. Tmacster1

I agree with you there. I can understand why you can't forget about her. We all have memories and sometimes we remember things that we don't want to. I think my family just doesn't know how to help me because they know I have suicidal thoughts and mild depression episodes that happen. They automatically think the hospital is where I need to be... However I don't think that's where I should be because I'm no threat to myself or others at this current time.

Trevor,

12. Witty_Sarcasm

You aren't a loser, I don't think anyone here is a loser. Have you tried talking to her? Maybe you can work things out then. At least you can let her know that you miss her.

13. Tmacster1

I agree with Christy you should try at least communicating with her again even though that sounds difficult. At least tell her that you miss her. I also agree that you aren't a loser because no one is. I don't think anyone is - also I don't believe anyone should consider themselves a loser because trust me they're not.

Trevor,

14. perry_mason

thank you both for replying to me drunk rants but i am a loser i don't feel bad about that so it not a problem.

i can't talk to her now it has been like 10 years now, she forget me now but i cant ever forget her. she stopped talking to me before when the money run out so i have no way of talking to her now even if i might start to have plenty of liquid assets again. when i know her back then she knew i miss her and i didnt care about the money (well i guess it s an issue coz people keep talking about it and winding me up about it and i keep on about it) but i would do it all again without a second though even if i knew the outcome would be exaclty the same.

anyway thank you for replying it mean a lot.
    i hope every thing works out for you both. and i guess everyone really.

15. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I got a list just like that. I'm also missing tons of stuff that everyone else my age has already done. So, how the hell can I relate with any "normal" person out there? I can only relate to "freaks" like me, and too bad we are quite rare, or at least don't show ourselves in public. So its really hard to find us, I'm glad that at least forums like this exist for that purpose.

I hate meeting "normal" people my age because it just makes me feel so inadequate and I just want to retreat into my little hole away from the world and never come out.

16. Tmacster1

I see - sometimes it's hard to talk to people after 10 years because they'll hardly remember you... I have problems relating to others most of the time... I don't know why I do because it just seems like everyone seems to be doing stuff I'm not really into. Your welcome on the replies - no on should have their threads unanswered.

Trevor,

17. Witty_Sarcasm

You aren't a loser, I don't think you are and others on here don't. Even after 10 years you can still reconnect with people, so just don't think it will never happen. Sometimes it's hard to forget about people that we care about. I hope things work out for you too.

18. Tmacster1

Agreed, your not a loser at all. Christy is right it's possible to reconnect with people after long extend periods of times. I might of sounded like it was impossible earlier but anything is possible. I don't know how she would really react she might be surprised or shocked. But than again she might just not recognize you because 10 years is a reasonable amount of time not staying in contact with anyone. I'm willing to listen to your drunk rants anytime - and rants when your sober to.

Trevor,

19. Gypsy_Girl

Gypsy_Girl Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.