Does anybody else lose time?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by W Miller, Feb 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Does anybody else lose hours; even days (or worse) weeks (no recollection)?

I wake up some days thinking is Sunday and its Monday...

Because I'm not working, nor do I keep a regular sleep schedule, days tend to blend into on another, and I need to check the computer to see what day it is more often than not (sad to admit). I also don't actually leave the house all that much anymore.

Now I will admit, I've not helped my own situation any by some of my "behaviors" so to speak, but its getting worse, and, to say I 'Zone Out' would be putting it mildly.

My anxiety is reaching levels of total panic and terror and paranoia (not all unwarranted though).

I will be discussing this with my new therapist, and would like to know if others are having any similar experiences, or ways to approach this with him.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i cannot say i lose weeks but yes sometimes i lose days hours and i get so confused I literally have to ask people to get orientated sometimes I think my mind just goes on overload with how many things it hold onto and how many things it has to do then it just shuts down and refuses to work anymore for me my theory anyways

Hope your therapist can help you with what may be causing it to happen for you
  3. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Well, time is a subjective measurement. So it's not really too big an issue to loose.

Yes though, especially when I have loads of free time. Work/ school help make time feel regulated though. Or hobbies like gardening. Or being outdoors a lot.

I think it's fairly normal. Aging in generall does that, time flies the older you get. Especially post-high school.

Just make sure it's not a symptom of disociation or dementia or seizures (this doesn't seem like any of those) but if it's severe, maybe ask your doc for a profesional opinion.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have lost years, this time last decade I didn't leave the house, didn't have a laptop, I spent my days exercising on the treadmill, cooking, cleaning a lot and reading magazines. The internet has made me lazy, I'm pretty sure I couldn't imagine life without the internet now. Hours go into days, days into weeks, weeks into months with nothing to show for it except slight improvements in my mental health which is great of course but I totally get your point :)
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think "losing time" (or memories) can happen with emotional shock/trauma, PTSD, and definitely with some head injuries. Short term memory/ability to concentrate and remember details can be affected by stressful environments.

When my dad had a cycling accident, he was knocked unconscious. He had no memory of what happened just before he fell and hit his head. His memories started with waking up in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

I have had one major emotional trauma where I "lost" of couple of days. Now, it might be that I went to bed and just slept for two days solid because I couldn't face the world - I simply don't recall getting out of bed to do anything, to eat, pee, feed my pet. That's the only significant amount of time that I've ever "lost". Other times, when I was under a lot of stress, my short term memory was not good, but I still had an idea of what the day had been like and what I did, although remembering to do three things I was asked verbally to do was beyond me.

I've never "found" the lost days, but my short term memory came back and improved when I got the stress better managed.

We can often talk these things out so we don't "lose" more time. :hug:
  6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

i like acy s recap

acy would you wanna talk or listen
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Folks can send me a PM any time. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.