Does anybody feel the same?

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by dec20, Nov 6, 2007.

1. dec20

dec20 Member

My boyfriend tried to commit suicide 7 years ago and handed me a suicide note. I was 14 at the time. He slit his wrist but survived.

I should be happy, right?

I've been suffering with the thought of his wrist and the note and the fact he tried to kill himself almost every day.

I almost mourn as if I had lost him.
    Has anybody almost lost, but mourn the same like me?

Is this normal?
  2. simonl

simonl Member

i believe it's possible, especially at the time when this happened to you. do you know how he is doing now? perhaps seeing him (assuming things have turned out better since then) would make things better for you? establishing a communication, maybe even eventually a friendship?

it can be traumatic but sometimes the only way to fix that problem is with the help of the person who was directly involved.
  3. dec20

dec20 Member

We've been dating ever since, we're going on our seventh year anniversary.
  4. simonl

simonl Member

do you see a therapist? perhaps a couples counselor for this issue, someone experienced in this (and not just normal relationship problems). i believe that in this case, you need to consult some doctors. never assume anything is normal, i did this for too long and it screwed up the life i always wanted. now im here with you in this type of forum. don't assume what others who are trained professionals can better diagnose.