Does Anybody get jealous about reading about a death in the paper or on TV?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by downunder, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone gets jealous when reading about a death in the newspaper or on the TV? I do!!! I always think I wish it was me.

When we had a train disaster here and a lot of people lost their lives, I wished I could swap places with them.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

No a Train wreck is to gorey. Plus there is no gaurantee you will die. i would try something a little less pain full. We have had several people killed here by tains. Mostly homeless people. They were hit by the train and were dragged for several hundred yards.

3. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I am not saying that is how I wanted to go. Just saying that I felt jealous of the people that died and wished that I could have been in their place that I could have died by accident.

It is sometimes hard to get across what you are trying to say in writing.

4. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

hi downunder

Yeah, i feel jealous too when i see reports of suicides, and i wish it were me. only if i could find a fool-proof method. People say to research, there are no 100 percent guarantee. It is not like the dead comes back and says, this method will work for sure.

I hope things get better for you

5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I always think how lucky.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I can't say I feel jealous, but I do often wish the decision would be taken out of my hands.

7. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

^Same here.

8. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

Yes, I do. I also feel sorry for the people who die and wish I could trade places with them, especially if they are loved and missed by their families, since I am not and it seems senseless for them to die and for me to live. I don't know why I've been alive so long.

9. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

I can't say I feel jealous of other people who die. But I do FEEL for them and their families because they wanted to live not die and it was tragically taken out of their hands. I read about a suicide once when a father had also killed his two children during his own suicide. That was awful. Those kids never choose to die and their mum will be missing them soooo bad, just aching to hold them again.

10. Kimi

Kimi Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this.

Yes, I do sometimes.. Especially when I read the news of Heath Ledger.. (Even it was an accident, papers said he was sleeping before his death..) I'm not jealous of most of suicide articles but ppl succeeded in taking sleeping tablets are what I feel enviousness..

I'm not envy of her but the recent news about a mum ODed to her small son and she died slushing her wrist.. Both of methods normally don't work.. (Well ODing to her 5yrs old son is not right, of course.. )

11. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I cant envy them because the majority of them wanted to continue living their lives and, if not content about their lives, would at least rather still be alive to see what the future might bring. I'd hate to swap with them if it meant I'd have to deal with that too.

But yeah, other than that, sometimes I think it would be better me if it was me dying than them.

12. rich_uk

rich_uk Member

yep I envy people that die, if I could go like that I wouldn't have to feel guilty about leaving the kids without a dad

13. blue shoes

blue shoes Well-Known Member

I couldn't say I am jealous, but I often do wish very much so that it was me. Only in cases when people instantly die, and there isn't much pain though. :unsure:

14. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

yea i get what you mean.
    when i see suicides in newspapers i often wish that it were me :/

15. supermodel

supermodel Well-Known Member

I feel the exact same way. LIke if the decision were to be taken out of my hands...that would be wonderful. Again I said that people that actually go through with it are courageous in my book.

16. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't get jealous of others dieing. I almost died when I was 8. The doctor told my dad if I had waited another 5 mins. I would have bled to death. That thought has always stayed with me. Now I know why because when the time to go comes I know how to do it.

17. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

Well put :wink:

18. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

i just think that it should be me dying isntead of some one that actually wanted to live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.