does anybody not eat as a form of self harm??

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by downunder, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Just wondering if anyone uses a form of not eating as self harm. Whereas you guys get scars and see blood coming out, I see bones starting to protrude.

2. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

I used to starve myself when I felt really bad. It felt good not eating, but after I realized what I was doing to myself, I gradually stopped. I still don't know how I did it.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I sort of do. I tend to skip more meals when I'm being self-destructive. Drinking, cutting, and skipping meals tend to go in a group. I was cutting yesterday, and today, and only had one meal today. I haven't had breakfast all week.

4. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Yes i do this. For me food is comfort, and when i dont eat and i get a hunger pang it really does hurt its like a stab in the stomach. But as well as this i do many other forms of self harm that i am aware of but i cant stop. Its about the control i think....

5. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

It can go either way for me. sometimes, i overeat to feel better, but when im at my WORSE, ill just not eat at all. never lasted long enough to be anorexic though.

6. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

if i find that im not in a place to cut then ill find myself in a place where i just dont want to eat and food looks so foreign to me that i wonder why the hell all this stuff is cluttering up my cupboards

7. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

If i can get away with it, i tend not to eat, but if its a family sit down at the table, i have no choice. at the minute im on one meal a day or less.. depends if im in the mood to eat or not... otherwise i have people watching me eat to make sure ive eaten it :dry:

8. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Yea, same here. I have a small dinner, so they don't start to say "Omfg why are you not eating anything?"

I stopped eating a while ago, and now I hardly eat anything =/

9. Lucie

Lucie Well-Known Member

A bit depressed and i like to binge eat, very depressed and i wont eat although i dont keep it up for long because i'm already tall and thin and looking underweight scares me a little.

10. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

When depressed I get by on one meal a day.

It's not intentional, as much as it is a passive effect of depression.

When I went to the hospital I realized I had dropped eight pounds over the past three weeks.

But when my parents came up they took us out to dinner. So I became stuffed on Shrimps, duck, lamb, and other treats I haven't enjoyed in a while. Sometimes it takes somebody to stick a plat in front of me and say, "eat".

11. mourningseraph

mourningseraph Well-Known Member

I do. I deny myself food as a form of punishment. I only allow myself to eat if I feel like I've earned it or did something to deserve food.

12. weltunter

weltunter Member

Yes, I don't eat either as a form of punishment. I hate this body so much, I just want it to die. Not eating brings me a tiny step closer to that.

13. downunder

welhunter I am with you. Sometimes when I feel dizzy through not eating I feel closer to being there and feel happier, then people see me and get worried but I can't hide it because it shows in my face and neck.

14. blade

blade Well-Known Member

yeah, i used to do that i still do, i only eat when im really, really hungry, other wise, dont touch a thing for days!

15. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Yeah. I do that. You can't tell though, I don't gain or lose weight easily. And every so often my body can't quite take it and screams 'food!' to me and so I end up eating lots and lots and lots.

TDM

16. faeriegirl

faeriegirl Active Member

Oh yes I do this. I think this year, instead of cutting, I've been denying myself food. Its been going on for a few months now. I've lost 30 lbs.

17. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

Denying myself of food is one of my ways to self harm. When I get dizzy, headachey and my stomach feels like it's eating itself...It just feels better.
    I am definately not underweight but I've lost about 10 pounds since I've been depressed.
    I still eat. But it's usually not until I'm starving.

18. downunder

Rachel, i thinki am similar to you in that when i feel dizzy i feel that i have arrived. but now when i eat i feel bloated and i am getting shortness of my breath whilst at rest occasionally i have to take 2 breaths in instead of the usual one in and one out.

19. SOL1

SOL1 Member

I don't know if it's self-harm or not, but I used to not eat at all when I got depressed, really sick and tired of life. I went a week before I had the urge to eat anything, I past out three times during that week and ended up skipping a lot of school. (This was like eight-nine years ago.)

It still happens every now and then, might go a day or two, maybe even three or four, but I end up eating not because I want to, but because I preform like crap at work.

20. Inque

Inque Member

I do this all the time. That empty feeling, when you start to feel dizzy and floaty. It's a nice buffer between you and the rest of the world. When I'm severely depressed I'll eat just enough to stay on my feet. A few crackers and a bottle of water every other day. Something like that.

Speaking of which, I'm doing that right now.
    I used to love holidays so much.
    I feel like that's been robbed from me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.