1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody on here ever go out on Friday or Saturday nights?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Aprilflowers7, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Aprilflowers7

Aprilflowers7 Well-Known Member

Because I don't, and if I do, it is just out to dinner with my mother, usually on Fridays and I don't consider her as a friend. I don't have any friends. What do you do to keep yourself occupied on the weekends?

2. Daíthí

Daíthí Chat Pro SF Supporter

Hey April

I used to be very anti-social. What i found helped was getting into hobbies that forced me to go out, my main one was archery. By putting myself in a social situation I found myself making new friends, despite thinking I never good. Friends and acquaintances are out there if you're willing to invest the time to find them.

3. Aprilflowers7

I had gone to a poetry group once but they weren't writing the same things I was writing. I go to this community program for disabled people during the WEEK but that isn't really helping either because we don't share similar interests and they are more disabled than I am and we cannot talk about the same things because of their impairments. For example there is one guy there who is in a wheelchair and he is perfectly nice but I cannot understand what he says sometimes because he has a learning disability. There is a deaf girl there as well and I don't know sign language. I don't have a way to get anywhere. When I am at home on the weekends I have nothing to do and I feel left out.

4. sassy123

sassy123 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hugs April I so understand. It’s my birthday and here I sit in my chair on a Saturday night wishing I had someone to go out dancing with or just someone to go have drinks with but I have something just as wonderful as that would be I have Sf and SF chat a place that has made my life far better. Hugs welcome to the SF family.

5. Aprilflowers7

Happy birthday! Sometimes I buy cake on my birthday just for myself but I don't put any candles on them or anything. Like I recently bought a Valentine's Cake although I didn't eat the whole thing lol. Have you had any cake?

6. Paisley

Paisley a pattern made of minty teardrops SF Supporter

Crafting, drawing, watching movies, internet, reading, cleaning, making food for the week, and daydreaming, mostly...

Aprilflowers7 likes this.
  7. Aprilflowers7

Do you ever buy books on the kindle? I use the free kindle app on my computer. But I'm always worried about downloading too many books could slow down my computer.

8. sassy123

No I did not have any cake or presents for that matter but I did buy myself chocolate yesterday.

Paisley likes this.
  9. Paisley

I'm old fashioned. I go to the library or book sales to pick up new ones. I would totally adore a kindle as a present though, thanks for the idea for my next christmas wishlist!

sassy123 likes this.
  10. Aprilflowers7

You're welcome! I bought one a long time ago but it froze and then I couldn't afford a new one. They have a free kindle app for the computer. You just have to download it, I mean if you wanted to read something right now. I always download the free books. There are a lot of them.

Paisley likes this.
  11. sassy123

You can also download amazon kindle app onto your phone and read it that way.

Paisley and Aprilflowers7 like this.
  12. Paisley

Thanks for the tips you two! I had no idea what I've been missing out on

Aprilflowers7 likes this.
  13. sassy123

Hugs paisley I hope you have fun reading on the app and yes getting a kindle is wonderful I like the paperwhite I think it’s called. Good luck

Paisley likes this.
  14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Happy birthday hun,, you're right SF is a wonderful place to be at any time :)

sassy123 likes this.
  15. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Eccentric writer, general weirdo, heedless heathen

Pretty much the same here. I mostly just spend time with my mom because I don't have friends to spend time with. But I don't get out much anyway.

16. Aprilflowers7

Sometimes I walk to the store just to get out of the house and buy a drink or chocolate or something.

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  17. GeminiStar

GeminiStar Well-Known Member

Where i live, there's nothing to do and i have no-one to do anything with even if there was. So i stay home and become more and more isolated and miserable. Its still less painful than wasting time trying to meet people who'd hate me the moment they see me.

18. Steven2311

Steven2311 Member

I used to do it with my friends but I'm kinda isolated these days and they (friends) have better things to do than worry about me. Sometimes was funny, sometimes not. I miss them a little.

19. Dibley

Dibley Member

Hi April. I don’thave any friends either. I only leave the house to go to work. I find people don’t understand that, they think I must have at least one friend. ButI really don’t. I find it hard to speak to people. So to answer your question, no, I do not go out at the weekends.

20. Aprilflowers7

I'm sorry, Dibley. Most people I know don't understand that either.