Does anyone compose and make music?

Discussion in 'Member Contributions' started by Matthew Barber, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Matthew Barber

Matthew Barber Well-Known Member

Why?

Reasons.

2. Thunderbird

Thunderbird Member

I've just started trying to. I've wanted to for a couple of years because I thought it would be interesting, but I've never really had a way of recording what I play, now I've figured out a way, and I really like it. I literally started trying it out yesterday, and I find it kind of liking jamming with myself, it seems like work, but I just find it fun.

I play guitar by the way (in case you were wondering)

3. bubblebear

bubblebear Princess

i will start to. once i figure out my ukulele i will do it properly :) i have been trying to play by ear and sing at the same timeand its really hard so i need to work on it. i will probably work on it over the next year :) i like writing poems and i think the two are a bit similar so we'll see

4. bubblebear

bubblebear Princess

i will start to. once i figure out my ukulele i will do it properly :) i have been trying to play by ear and sing at the same timeand its really hard so i need to work on it. i will probably work on it over the next year :) i like writing poems and i think the two are a bit similar so we'll see

5. Niantiel

Niantiel Active Member

I've been playing a bass guitar for thirteen years. I actually just recently quit the band I was working with the last five years due to financial limitations after going on a two week tour with them. Once I get myself back to financial order, I plan on working on my own material which is less professional, and more on my own time. No friendships were lost in the fallout of it. I made sure of that.

6. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

i have about 40 min. worth of music i've composed. it's a soundtrack for a video game. i'm on soundcloud but my soundcloud is linkable to my facebook, so i can't post it here. if you're really interested i can pm you the link though.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

@souncide

A fellow musician! Good one for you.

8. Z.Hudson

Z.Hudson Active Member

Not sure if 8-bit music is actually MUSIC.... but a few years back I was working on a game and I learned how to make 8-bit music. I was using a program called Famitracker