Does anyone else feel this wierd?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by theboywhosleptin, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theboywhosleptin

theboywhosleptin New Member

I feel really really weird today, sort of outrageously depressed more so than I have been for about a week to the point where I'm doing the thing where I play sad music and ... anyways. But then I turn around and laugh my ass off at the strangest things it's rather bizarre how I'm borderline suicidal at the moment and yet rather energetic and upbeat... I am rather perplexed at this turn of event's and wonder whether anyone else has felt like this?
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

It sounds a little like depression mixed with mania. I wonder if both can occur at the same time?
  3. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

Hi Chris, it happens to me sometimes, my diagnosis is depression and there are times, usually when things, I know I cannot solve or don't like dealing with, occupy mind, I start laughing at every silly little joke as if it was something hillarious, and even laugh at stuff that isn't funny. My doctor pointed it out to me, to stop and think what is actually bothering me when I behave like that. Maybe it would be best if you talked to yours.
  4. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

Extreme sadness and hypomania can definitely run together. So don't freak out about that.
  5. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

I used to get similar when very depressed, it made me wonder if I had bi-polar, but this has never been suggested by the many mental health professionals I've seen over time.

It is clear now that I'm getting better that I never had bi-polar.

I think extreme stress (depression) can cause erratic feelings like you describe, that said if you often feel manic then depressed and round again etc, telling the Dr might help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.