Does anyone else get nervous about not having meds?

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
If I don't have my medication I'm so severely depressed. Also diagnosed BPD years ago although I question that. The last month ive been taking ambilify and it's such a major difference, I can do things again.

But, I worry bcz with the pandemic I think my health insurance was extended only because of the pandemic, I have Medicaid. I'm lucky. Theres that fear of not having my medicine, then what? Chance of being so depressed it effects my attitude at work, I can get in trouble. My relationship with children. I'm late paying bills. The whole nine.

Only a few people even know I'm on medicine or even know how low I feel if I dont have anything. I really think part of it is genetic, as my mother, biological one, was diagnosed as schizophrenic and wandered streets. Luckily I was taken from her.

Can anyone relate to the fear of not having meds? Thanks for reading

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Ugh, I'm sorry, that must be really scary. The NHS has its limitations but at least we know that won't happen.

*hug

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Yeah - for sure. When I came here to the UK I stocked up before I left because my main nutball medication isn't covered here. I had the shrink amp it up to 4x it's dose and then I brought the 3 "extras" along for the ride (if that makes sense) So now I have like a years worth here. Guess that'll last as long as it lasts. Hopefully I'm just magically cured of being crazy when it runs out..........

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Yeah - for sure. When I came here to the UK I stocked up before I left because my main nutball medication isn't covered here. I had the shrink amp it up to 4x it's dose and then I brought the 3 "extras" along for the ride (if that makes sense) So now I have like a years worth here. Guess that'll last as long as it lasts. Hopefully I'm just magically cured of being crazy when it runs out..........
*hysterical well, maybe you can come back here to get your meds M. I actually bought some of mine when I was on vacation in Mexico a while back. One was over the counter there, score!

A friend knowing my fear even got his doctor to get Lexapro for him..gave to me..just for back up. Well, thanks for answering, I at least know my paranoia is justified.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Although you've got a years supply stashed away M, I hope you've still got yourself registered with a doc over here and had your medical notes passed over from your previous medics. At least that way, you're in the system so that when it comes to getting a refill, they won't be asking like, "what the fuck you been doing for the past year? You've been off the grid so we gonna have to start from scratch."

@Lane , I can understand your concerns, I've encountered many peope who've had the same issues. With healthcare (UK) being totally different than from what it is where you're at, it's hard to advise what to do apart from perhaps chatting with your doc about this to see if he can do anything. If not, then Mexico it is ;)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Although you've got a years supply stashed away M, I hope you've still got yourself registered with a doc over here and had your medical notes passed over from your previous medics. At least that way, you're in the system so that when it comes to getting a refill, they won't be asking like, "what the fuck you been doing for the past year? You've been off the grid so we gonna have to start from scratch."
I've got the paperwork here sitting on the floor next to me. I registered with a place online but then printed out the follow-up paperwork and... yeah. Now it's sitting here. I'm not really motivated in sending it in. Working on it though -- it's in the envelope now!
But they won't give me all the shit I take anyway.. less than half actually. Very few of my actual meds will be filled here in the UK.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
But they won't give me all the shit I take anyway.. less than half actually. Very few of my actual meds will be filled here in the UK.
That's a bit of a piss-wand you've been handed there. I guessing it's probably due to a combination of licensed indications, availability and NICE treatment guidance. At least you've got 12mnths backup, but even so, best not leave it to the last minute when it comes to trialling alternatives.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
That's a bit of a piss-wand you've been handed there.
Weeelllll.... I'm juggling better with some than with others. I've only got like a month left of one of them (shhdonttelllu) but a year of another couple. It's all a crap shoot on what I could get them to get give me at once.
I do need to get it all figured out. I'm stalling. I don't want to go see anyone here. Blech

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Weeelllll.... I'm juggling better with some than with others. I've only got like a month left of one of them (shhdonttelllu) but a year of another couple. It's all a crap shoot on what I could get them to get give me at once.
I do need to get it all figured out. I'm stalling. I don't want to go see anyone here. Blech
How bad could it be? Yeah, maybe Lu or friends has some recommendations. Dont make a bunch of us go over there n kick your butt

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00