Does anyone else hate friendly people?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by HawthornePassage, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

I really really hate friendly/bubbly people, ugh they just piss me off so much. if you're going to be an oblivious prick at least don't flaunt it. Seriously.

2. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Nope.

3. HawthornePassage

but what about your avatar and status

4. Underground

Underground Well-Known Member

No, I'm glad there's people like that in the world, well the genuine ones anyway.

However I can't stand patronising / fake people who are like that.

5. HawthornePassage

everyone who is like that is patronizing and fake sorry

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I use to think the same but no there are a few that truly care some of the kindest people i have met here.

7. zas

zas Member

I hate fake friendliness too

8. HawthornePassage

they always say that its real but it really isnt

its just to satisfy some impulse somehow

like 6.9 billion people blindfolded on a giant beach

9. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hello there Hawthorne.. i am one of those people you seem to hate. i do try to be friendly best i can with everyone.. during childhood which was a living nightmare times were really tough. no one to help me then and got out of there at age 17.. taken me long time to get to a position where i am able to see the good and possiblities of other people. fought severe depresssion and paranoid schizophrenia and dissociative identity disorder and OCD for whole life.. did broke and hiding from the world with son johnny for long periods..

most times now things are better and easier for us.. we get out into the public everyday now. able to gently ask many "how's things going today??" and actuialloy listen to their answers and most times i respond appropriately... able to see the good and humanity in other people.. never thought i would get to here and now.. got here with the real help from some menjtal health professsionals. caring, compassikonate and competant people.

i do not think my behavior is fake now.. observe people and pay attention most of the time.. have found that most people in this world are also trying to do the same with people as me.. we all have so very much in common, the ups and real downs and often feel like there is no hope for the current situation. well until whoever is runnning the show and they pull the plug most of us wake up the next day and attempt to move on again.. also i would much rather do this with other human beings than all by myself..

10. detest

detest Banned Member

I take it you mean those insanely bubbly people who never try to even show that they can produce another emotion, right? If so, yes. However, if you mean those who are simply polite and plaster a smile on their face, then no, that's just trying to make a good impression.

11. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

Not really. I've met some really friendly people at work. During my hard times with money some have offered me food or other things when I thought my paycheck wouldn't last.

Or when I offer to drive certain people home I've been told that if I ever need a home I've always got one with them.

I can't stand super bubbly people that always act like they're high. But true friendly people I like them. They actually make me feel better!

12. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Yes. Honestly, I wish I could fucking skin them alive sometimes.

13. HawthornePassage

There is more than one way to skin a duck.

Brian,

14. AsphyxiateOnMisery

AsphyxiateOnMisery Well-Known Member

Hawthorne, I sometimes feel like you're the only "breath of fresh air" on this entire forum. It seems most other people are just plain stupid.

15. HawthornePassage

Yeah and then they're going to ban me : (

THEYRE ACTING AGAINST THEIR OWN INTERESTS!!!! WHAT A SURPRISE!!!

Brian,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.