Does anyone else hate talking to girlfriends of friends? Do I have anxiety?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Asmoday, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asmoday

Asmoday Active Member

I just hate that. I'm 25 years old and I have never had a girlfriend. I have asperger's syndrome. If you dont know what it is, it's not a disease. But it means I'm shy, I have no social skills and I'm weird. Anyway when I was a kid my friends didnt have girlfriends either. So there wasnt a problem. But now that my friends have girlfriends, I have to interact with them too. For example I go to the chess club to play with a friend. And his girlfriend is always sitting near him even though she cant play chess. Today my cousin came here with his girlfriend. That was the first time I saw her. Of course I had to talk with her too. I was extremely uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong they were both very nice. Actually they can't be more nicer. But I am asocial and I don't like treating people I don't know like friends(and being treated the same way) especially if they're girls. Anyway I was extremely uncomfortable talking to them for 2 hours. I tried to hide it and didnt do a bad job though(I was weird as always but not any more than I usually am). They left a few hours ago but I'm still suffering. Is this anxiety? There werent any important physical symptoms other than small things like hands shaking a bit(I hided it). It's not just about being jealous, although I'm also jealous. I just don't know how to talk to girlfriends of my friends and I get stressed. I know most people are social unlike me and for them meeting with girl/boy friends of friends and spending time with them is normal but do I have to be just like everyone else and take this? I don't know if he was showing off his girlfriend since I never had a girlfriend(he can visit me anytime, its not like i'm going anywhere so he has to come when he's with his girlfriend) or if he just acted without thinking. But I was very annoyed, stressed and uncomfortable. IS that anxiety? Do I need treatment for this? I wont get it even if I do but I'm asking out of curiosty. Keep in mind that the problem isnt other people. If they were jerks I would be comfortable and I wouldnt care about how I act. They were very nice.

2. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

I only know a little of AS, so I can't rally talk much about how that plays into it, but it does sound like anxeity to me.

I get it to though, meeting and talking to new people in general I hate, but with people I've known for a little while I am 100% fine. I also try to avoid interaction with my friends/families partners, but they're the same as anyone else, if I end up spending a bit of time with them I end up feeling fine around them.

Do you ever spend manage to spend a bit of time with them, and feel any better around them?

3. Asmoday

Asmoday Active Member

Yes with time I feel a bit better but just a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.