Does anyone else hate vacations?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Joshy, Dec 28, 2012.

Do you hate vacations?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshy

Joshy Well-Known Member

Just my opinion:

I absolutely hate vacations. I've been on too many. Ever been to Disney world like 8 times, and a bunch of tropical places all around the US?
    It really gets boring when you see that it's just a bunch of perverts drinking and yelling everywhere, and the weather isn't all that great in my opinion.

Maybe I'm just weird, but if I were to ever go on a vacation, it wouldn't be to a beach. It would be either to a big city, a completely different place like the UK or Europe, or even (specifically) Ibiza, Spain. Hell maybe even in a jungle-dense place.

I want to see something interesting and strange, something that's once in a life time to see, rather than a hotel resort with a bunch of perverted couples rubbing against each other in the pools, and drinking heavily all day and night yelling shit.

I'm in a relationship, but even I wouldn't be like that in public.. It just seems weird as shit and kind of gross to see when you're just trying to relax or walking around.

My idea of a vacation would be in own my room with no one bothering me at all for a month. and just shutting the f**k up. Lol.

Does anyone else hate vacations?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hate vacations too hun the traveling god it is the worst the noise My idea of a vacation is like yours hun sitting in my own backyard no crowds just listening to nature no stress traveling on the roads ect beach hell no to hot Peace is a vacation for me quiet and isolation
  3. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I like vacations and holidays I dont get enough. Just a way to eswcape the miserable life I lead even just for a short while.
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

'Hate' is maybe too strong a word for my disposition to traveling trips. Dislike to the point of anxiety is better description. As I have Asperger's syndrome, routine is very important to my psychological stability. Vacations, most especially the kind that involve me leaving my home and my routine behind have proven to be highly stressful affairs. It is also stressful even if I just stay home the entire time as, again, my routine is different.

My therapist suggested I plan out what I am going to do each day during the time off work ahead of time. I am trying that this holiday season (staying home) and it does seem to be helping.
  5. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Depends on the place and time that I choose for some of my holidays (what those of us down under call a 'vacation' or any kind of festive event ie New Years Day etc.). Admittedly, some have not been all that fantastic, but it cannot be helped at time, while others, like my trip to Broken Hill was quite a memorable experience.
  6. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

I don't exactly hate vacations, but I love getting away from work for a while. I usually drink to much when I'm off, though. I'll have to limit my travels for the next several years. Racked up 15k in credit card debt flyin to Florida. Can't say I really cared much for Disneyworld. That's something for the kiddies. Love the beach though. Pass-a-grille on the gulf coast of Florida is one of the best in the state.
  7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I've always enjoyed traveling, and I hate being alone and isolated, so vacations are nice. It's just the fact that I am never able to go on any that bothers me.
  8. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

No, far from it. Any journey away from this prison is welcome. Its just being able to leave the prison is hard so its catch 22...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.