Does anyone else have spending blackouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornFree

Money is tight and I am freaking out, I am seeing stuff I don't remember buying and can't think what my thinking was when I ordered these things.

As if I don't have enough to worry about, I am now stressing that my excessive spending will put us in serious trouble. With all my meds I am unable to go out to work and I feel so foolish and idiotic! I have just gone and created extra stress for myself! I just literally don't remember!

Am I the only one?

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Well I dont have black outs but I do have splurges :blink:
Even tho I know I should NOT be spending like a loon when in the grip of a "splurge" I dont care and will just keep going.
Like you it causes a lot of stress when I actually sit down and realise how much I just spent.

BornFree

Thank you for your reply Terry, :hug: I am sorry you too have to deal with the end result of splurges. Whether one remembers or not I guess the crux of the matter is the stress of dealing with the end results.
I just wish I could remember ordering these things and what my thinking was at the time. I guess I would then try to justify it somehow but I can't remember at all.

Hope you had a good weekend Terry!

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Actually I had a splurge weekend :lol!:
havent had the bottle to check the damage yet :hiding:

You can always send back stuff ordered, dont feel you're stuck with unwanted goods. and perhaps hide your credit/debit cards?

Slothbear

I have horrible issues with spending money and saving money. If i get paid on a friday atleast half will be gone by monday.

Don't even get me started on credit cards, i have 4 and they are all maxed out and then some. I keep telling myself that i will put money towards it next paycheck... but then payday rolls around and i just can't help myself and i go on a spree and then oops... looks like ill have to wait until the next payday. It's something i constantly think and stress about yet i just cant seem to put it as a top priority to pay.

I am so broke right now that for the past few months i have been taking money out of a secured account and i have just recently put my foot down and told myself i wouldn't take anymore out seeing as 90% of it is gone now. I'm just so bad with money i have zero saving skills.

Spending money sort of soothes me. It's one of the few things left that i actually still enjoy. I sound like a fucking weirdo here but just the whole transaction and everything... it's exciting. It's pathetic that i feel that my life has gotten to the point where i find something as small as a purchase transaction is exciting. I feel the only way i can avoid this is to avoid malls and shopping centres as well as shopping district streets....they just draw me in no matter how hard i try to resist they draw me back. It's an addiction. It's stupid, but it's an addiction.. a pathetic addiction.

There are times... when i find things in my closet or in my room that i don't even remember buying. I'll find bags tucked away in the back of my closet with the tags on and everything or still in the original unopened box. I'll look at the receipt and find out that i had gotten it a month or more ago at which point it's now too late to return. I'll also receive boxes in the mail from time to time that i don't remember ordering at all.

There have been times where i've spent a couple grand in a 2 day period and have nothing to show for it.

That's probably the worst part of it for me. I have nothing to show for anything that i have bought. It wouldn't bother me quite so much if i atleast had something to show for it like a car or something but to be quite honest i just blow my money crap like junk food, alcohol, smokes, books that i'll never read(thats another addiction in itself), and so on. I also have a lot of clothes for it which i suppose isn't so bad but i steal feel like i could have done better considering the money i have spent.

It frightens me to think that for the first time it's pay day and i don't have an instant urge to spend it... perhaps i have hit rock bottom? It's pathetic to think that because i dont want to spend money it may be a sign that i have gotten to an extreme low... lower than before.

I feel like a moron writing this. No one knows the severity of the debt i owe. All my friends act as if it's no problem saving money, and really it shouldn't be but for me it is.

BornFree

Oh my word... just saw these replies now! Shows you how demented I am I start a thread and then think Im mad no one will answer so dont always check back. Just shopped online for cheap clothes for son... probably hot a bit too much...

Slothbear... you are so not a moron ok!! Thank you for your honesty it helps alot to know someone else goes through the same thing...
Take care

IV2010

Ditsy I am addicted to spending and have wasted so much money.
I spend a lot of time taking things back for a refund ....and ''what was I thinking'' when I bought them!!??

none of my therapists have cared about the spending addiction and I've had no help with it..
always paying off credit cards and there's nothing I need to buy but still away I go!

I'm sorry you have this too...I'm sure mine is from stress but it doesn't help when the bills come in and that causes more stress..

wish someone would find a cure for it!
you're not alone hun *hug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00