• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Does Anyone Else Have This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always Hopeless

When you are severely depressed you can't eat. But more than that, if there's a time where you can try to eat it feels as if your body is rejecting food. You're hungry and your stomach hurts, but your body or your mind won't accept the food into your system.

MrBlue

SF Supporter
I tend to not eat much when I am super depressed, agreed that it's kind of like your body has lost its will. You have to sort of push the food down--not fun. I think it is somewhat genetic, my mom has it worse than I do and can get to an unhealthy weight if not deliberate about eating.

My solution is to drink fruit/vegetable smoothies as they are tasty, much easier to swallow, and packed with good nutrition.

Harrow

Yes exactly like that. It's like I can't swollow at all though.
In the past I've gone two three at a time when I just forget to eat because the depression is too much. But now and you should do the same I force myself to have at least something each day

There are certain antidepressants that have a tendency to increase appetite, so you might want to talk to your doctors about this.

From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine, low appetite, along with other symptoms such as abdominal distention, slight epigastric pain relieved by pressure, a tendency to loose stools, fatigue, a pale tongue with thin white fur, and weak pulse may point to a particular syndrome. If this particular syndrome endures long enough, additional symptoms may appear such as fear of cold, cold hands and feet, and watery stools. The tongue will also be swollen with indentations on the sides.

It's ideal to see an acupuncturist/herbalist to get a diagnosis for this, or really any condition. I can try to offer some amateur dietary advice, but again, the ideal thing is to get a diagnosis from an acupuncturist/herbalist.

Always Hopeless

There are certain antidepressants that have a tendency to increase appetite, so you might want to talk to your doctors about this.

From the perspective of traditional Chinese medicine, low appetite, along with other symptoms such as abdominal distention, slight epigastric pain relieved by pressure, a tendency to loose stools, fatigue, a pale tongue with thin white fur, and weak pulse may point to a particular syndrome. If this particular syndrome endures long enough, additional symptoms may appear such as fear of cold, cold hands and feet, and watery stools. The tongue will also be swollen with indentations on the sides.

It's ideal to see an acupuncturist/herbalist to get a diagnosis for this, or really any condition. I can try to offer some amateur dietary advice, but again, the ideal thing is to get a diagnosis from an acupuncturist/herbalist.
They do increase appetite. I've used those before. They made me put on a bunch of weight and made me feel even uglier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00