Does anyone else here have recurring dreams about somebody they've never met?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by TheLoneWolf, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I don't mean someone real like a celebrity or somebody you admire from afar. I mean a completely made up person, a figment of your unconscious imagination.

I've had multiple dreams about this woman... she's beautiful - long, blonde hair, bright sparkly eyes, gorgeous face and great body... somewhat tall... and she speaks with a thick accent - Russian, or perhaps Eastern European. I don't know anyone like that in real life, and in some ways she isn't even my type - I prefer brunettes and shorter women. It's not like she is my mind's idea of a fantasy woman or anything. Yet this made up woman keeps appearing in my dreams from time to time, and has for years. And every time it's the same - we're running from something or someone, and by the end of the dream, we end up in a passionate embrace.

The last dream, we were on the run from some people who apparently wanted to capture or kill her, or me, or both of us. They had guns and dogs. We ran out into some field, up and over a grassy hill and past some trees, and came to a fence lined with barbed wire, cameras and motion sensors. There were signs everywhere warning against trespassing, in some foreign language. We stop for a minute, believing that we are momentarily safe. We could hear the dogs barking in the distance, and I knew it was only a matter of time before they tracked us to where we were. I suggest that we try to get over the fence to escape our pursuers, but she tells me we cannot go there. She tells me the fence marks the border to her country of birth, and warns against entering. She explains that it is even more dangerous there, and that we will be killed if we try to enter. She tells me of her horrific childhood there, how she was abducted by evil men as a child, taken from her family, abused and made to do unspeakable acts until she was able to escape many years later. She breaks down in tears. I hold her to comfort her. She looks into my eyes and starts kissing me. We end up lying on the grass with her on top of me, and we're kissing each other passionately, apparently unconcerned about the men who had been chasing us. Then I wake up.

This same woman has been in my dreams before... several times. It's like deja vu. It's almost to the point that she seems real to me. When I woke up, for a few moments I could still feel her body pressed against mine - even felt the palms of her hands pressed against my shoulders. It was weird...

In a way, I feel like I know this woman. Every time I sleep, I hope to see her again. Though her appearance in my dreams seems to be a random occurrence, and not something I can trigger myself.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Oh, well you're dreaming about me, of course. ;) Haha ok, I'll be serious now...

I can't say that I've ever had recurring dreams about anyone, but I do dream about people I don't know or have never seen before. It could be just figments of your subconscious, but it's strange that you would be dreaming about the same woman all of the time, and for the dreams to be so vivid. Of course, lucid dreams can happen...once when I was in between sleeping and waking, I felt and saw someone get up off the side of my bed. So I guess sometimes dreams really can seem that real. Maybe the woman is someone you'll meet in the future, if you believe dreams can do that. Either way, it really is interesting.

3. TheLoneWolf

If you're a tall blonde with a Russian accent, then yes, I very well may have been dreaming about you. :wink:

I always have very vivid dreams. And very vivid nightmares too, unfortunately. I used to have lucid dreams a lot when I was younger, too... those were awesome. I do sometimes wonder if dreams are premonitions, or maybe a way of visiting an alternate reality... of course there's no way to prove any of that, dreams could just be dreams without any meaning. But I always dream about this woman and part of me always thought I would some day meet her in real life. I've had deja vu before about certain events in my life... oftentimes it becomes difficult for me to distinguish between dreams and reality, that's how real my dreams seem at the time. It takes me a few moments after waking to realize that I was dreaming... sometimes that can be a relief, if I awake from a particularly terrifying nightmare. But after waking from a dream that I enjoyed, all I can think is "FUCK! Why couldn't that have been real?" I want to go back to sleep, crawl back inside that dream and never wake up again.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I wish I was tall and had a Russian accent, maybe I'd get hit on then. lol

Hmm, you never know...I've never had any dreams predict the future, but anything is possible. Sometimes dreams can be better than reality, no wonder I like sleeping so much. Dreams can be really vivid...once I heard someone clearly whisper my name in my ear. That was freaky to say the least...

5. TheLoneWolf

Lol, okay I'll admit, I do find Russian accents to be sexy. But I actually prefer shorter women. I think your only problem is that you're shy. Which I don't see as a bad thing, but many people interpret that as a negative.

I've never had a dream predict the future, but I've had deja vu instances before where I go somewhere I've never been and suddenly get the feeling that I've been there before. I've had some pretty freaky experiences, both sleeping and when I was wide awake...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.