Does anyone else reply conversations and thoughts in their head repeatedly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Just wondered if anyone else struggles with replaying and analyzing conversations, thoughts, interactions, intentions repeatedly in their head?

Its driving me mad and I don't know how to switch it off or how to stop thinking... its like I have lost all sense of what is true and real and can't trust my own judgement anymore... so anything I see or hear gets over churned in my brain trying to make sense of it all.

I avoid contact with people as I just don't have the head space anymore... for all the thoughts, anxieties etc that come with the extra interaction. I'm beginning to think I've had some sort of a breakdown as something has snapped, I used to understand, be able to trust my own judgement. Now I am in a constant state of turmoil.

Sorry maybe I'm not making any sense! Anyway not sure if its just me but wondered if anyone else has a similar problem?
Definitely you are not alone there. Sometimes I will lay in bed for hours playing out the conversation I need to have to get the oil changed in my car. How crazy is that?

And its worse on truly important things, my thoughts go in a circular pattern, like a hamster running in a wheel, sometimes I swear I hear the wheel squeek.

Its been one of this nights tonight, tbh.

Don't feel alone. :hug:

?I?

Yeah, always and it cause me to have sleeping problem at nights. I even created own conversation or continue the conversation with someone and answer it myself and I'll analyse the answers to so called a 'better' one

and it confused me sometimes during my dailylife. i doesn't know whether did i tell the person the answers in my mind

bhawk

I often find my head thinking things i dont want to think and so i often bollock myself aloud. Sometimes, especially when on my motorbike i find myself having full blown conversations with myself although i believe this is good for myself, because saying things aloud can often show them to be a ridiculous thought.
It also runs in my family, both my mother, my auntie and my grandmother talk to themselves and my grandad was often hilarious in his rants to himself.

Kaos General

Oh yeah, i feel your pain, i get this 24 hours a day. Not just conversations either, i sometimes have imaginary conversations with people and half the time i think ive actually had the conversation. It does get messy in my head occasionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00