Does anyone else stay up all night....every night

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Finance, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finance

Finance Well-Known Member

Today was in bed at 10 am and up at 6 pm. Everyday is some variation of this.

Anything to avoid the daytime. My psychiatrist said it's usually the other way, with people scared of the night.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i tend to stay up all night and all day till i crash
  3. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I stay up all night sometimes. I try not to get that way if I can help it though. It makes it very hard to function. Sometimes I just can't sleep though then get in a bad sleep pattern of 'turning my days into nights and nights into days'. In some ways I prefer the night though. It's quieter, especially when you live in the big city.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2012
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah....past 6 am and then sleep in late...that's just what I'm used to. I should change my sleeping patterns, but I don't really need to worry about that anymore.
  5. Ash71

Ash71 Well-Known Member

i am up almost every night all night, usually till about four or five in the morning. i dont like to sleep, and i am scared to sleep at night, if you ever need/want to talk, feel free to pm me.
  6. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I stay up all night sometimes, but will catch a 30 minute snooze in the day when my daughter is napping,
  7. diffraction

diffraction Member

I have something similar. Daytime is linked with having to deal with problems, people and life in general. During the night all this stuff just goes away, in my mind anyway. So I feel so much more relaxed at night.
  8. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

Without my meds I stay up all night until 5 to 6AM when I finally crash and pass out. On school nights I used to stay up all night, and then not sleep for days at a time.
  9. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Yes, I did this for many years. I had gotten my sleep pattern so backwards I was convinced I had a sleeping disorder. There was no sleeping disorder. It was depression/anxiety and this was the coping method I subconsciously chose.

That said, as coping mechanisms go, this isn't too unhealthy as long as you can still manage with work or school. Not harmful to you. If this isn't causing any problems for you and your schedule allows, I say why not? There's too much light and noise during the day anyway.
  10. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I usually do, because I work graveyard shift, and I'm sort of nocturnal. Not sure if it's because my circadian rhythm is backwards or because I just have a hard time getting to sleep. I love the night and my eyes are extremely sensitive to sunlight; also I like being awake when most other people are asleep. It makes it feel like I have the world all to myself.
  11. Finance

Finance Well-Known Member

It's about how quiet and peaceful the night is.

No anything. People, problems, sunshine, the world are gone right now.

A few minutes of feeling content.
  12. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Ahh, exactly. Every time I go out in the middle of the day, I encounter so many a-holes that I am reminded of why I choose to remain a nocturnal recluse.
  13. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

for the last 2 weeks or so i havent been able to sleep at night - have ended up falling asleep a6 or 7am and then not getting up until the afternoon. i think its just a vicious cycle because i cant sleep now because ive only been awake for like 10 hrs! i sometimes just try to stay up the whole night and not sleep, in the hope that i will then sleep at a normal time the next night.
  14. dustin

dustin Banned Member

I often have problems sleeping, but yes, I usually shift to staying awake at nights if i have a choice. It is a lot easier to ignore the world so to speak at night. Being awake during the day I have to do something, I don't feel bad about wasting a night like I do wasting a day.. I'm sure I would be a lot better off waking up every morning and sleeping at night for that reason.
  15. Jemm

Jemm Well-Known Member

I stay up all night and wake late in the afternoon, it is far more peaceful at night and much easier to hide from life in general... I don't like it, but I won't do anything to change it either...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.