Does anyone else think this?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Spikey, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

That cuts are beautiful? That I look more beautiful with cuts? I dream about cutting myself to bits every night.

mEL XX

2. ~Nobody~

~Nobody~ Well-Known Member

I think mine are ugly.

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

:dry: Hard to explain.... when I am in a certain mood.. I like the way they look kinda the same aspect as "so ugly they are cute" :unsure:

But society see them as ugly and bad, so I keep them on my legs so people can't see them.

<edit - Carolyn> <also makes me feel as if my inside matches the outside>

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2007
  4. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I don't think they're ugly at all. I think they're a sign of strength. That's not to say I advocate cutting oneself to pieces - I hope you don't do that Spikey.
    Some people have freckles all over their body. Some have a really hairy body. Others have acne on their body. Some have a lot of fat on their body. People get repulsed by lots of things. Scars are less common place, so I think it can unnerve people a bit more.

5. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

You have a good point there, Mike. Hell if advertisers saw lots of scars as overly beautiful, the Advertising Standards Agency would be down on them like a ton of bricks. I wonder, though, why it's not the same with thinness?

Melissa......... xx

6. ~Nobody~

I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying I think that my scars are ugly. :hug: I didn't mean to suggest that I think you are ugly, not in the slightest. Just that - to me - my scars make me feel very ashamed. They remind me of the bad things other people have said and done to me, as well.

7. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Good point Mel. It does reek of hypocrisy. If anything, the thin ideal propogated by the media in general is a far greater health hazard in the long term than cutting oneself. I'm thinking brittle bones, under developed muscles, unhealthy organs, etc. Cutting is just a surface mark.

Nobody - I understand what you meant. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2007
  8. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I think mine are ugly too, they make me feel ashamed...

9. ~Nobody~

:hug:s That_One_Girl

10. Is This It

Is This It Well-Known Member

I like the look of my cuts and often look at them.

11. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

I'm kind of proud of mine, and ashamed too. All my life my skin has looked perfect and now it's scarred with lines from my old cuts. And some of them are clearly visible to everyone. I just wish I could cut and have no scars. They're revolting in a way, and beautiful at the same time. The blood is the most beautiful.

12. Lost Disciple

Lost Disciple Well-Known Member

I sometimes find them beautiful, and other times I find them repulsive.

However, no matter what mood I'm in, I can never be repulsed by my parallel sets. There's something about them being parallel that just... rocks...

13. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

Curious, the parallel. Fascinating and beautiful. One needs the other to exist and neither could exist alone. Curious, indeed. But...

My damned meds make me want to live in just one! Sometimes it just drives me nuts! What happened to my other side?! Yet, still I cut... :dry:

14. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I hate my scars and I find them ugly. After I cut I hate myself even more and it's like a vicious circle. I don't cut for the scars, unfortunately that's something that comes with it. And the scars are the main reason why I really want to stop, they get harder to explain.

As for scars on other people, I don't find them ugly nor do I find them attractive. I don't judge people on the scars but I can understand, because I've been there, and I'm there now.

15. Spearmint

:hug:

But yeah, on other people, I don't mind them, because I've been there, and I'm there..So, it doesn't bother me.

16. Spikey

Spikey Senior Member

I don't know why...... I really like mine. When people suggest covering them up with creams and stuff I'm like NOOOOOOOOO WAY José!

17. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I personally don't think so, but it is funny you should mention this. There was a whole fad for college students in Germany 100 to 150 years to basically stick their faces where they were bound to get cut and scarred. For some reason your post put me in mind of this, must've read about it somewhere a long time ago. From the entry at wiki:

Notice they the intentionally leave the face uncovered AND aren't allowed to move away from one another. And if the whole ridiculous procedure resulted in a scar you viewed it as a "badge of honor."

Those zany Germans. :blink: I fenced for a while in college in a club (I was horrible, as in hopeless) and it was nothing like this, to say nothing of the fact that we wore masks. In French fencing (which is what they do in the olympics, and what we did in our club) you move along a "strip" and can back up or move forward, though it is possible to foul out. In Italian fancing I've been told they do it traditionally in a circle, not a "strip."

Come to think of it, I'd have probably done better in this German version, since all you do is stand there and whack or poke at each other. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2007
  18. iwanttodie

iwanttodie Guest

Somewhere I think they are ugly because they show how much pain I have and that seems weak. Paradoxicallt they seem a sign of strenght. I mean who can hurt you when you are willing and able to hurt yourself? So it's a toss up

19. GhostOfYou

GhostOfYou Well-Known Member

I hate myne most of the time. There's sooo many, like everywhere, and I keep thinking of how screwed I am when summer rolls around and everyone..all my friends and everything, are asking me to go to the beach but I can't because I have all these scars. Every scar is is memorie of a time I've been defited..and those horrible feelings. I wish I could take every scar back, every mistake I've made along the line...

-GhostOfYou

20. Spearmint

I actually went to the beach Sunday, with some friends, I didn't cover them up, I just kept them hidden, and no one noticed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.