Does anyone else..................

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Leiaha, Feb 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Does anyone else feel they were born at the wrong time? That they are not made for this world?
    I am not competitive enough for life today. I feel i have accomplished what I came here for . Now I can't see any reason to hang around anymore.
    I dont really want to even try, seems like too much hard work to me. I'm like a robot, cleaning, cooking etc on a daily basis. I don't even want to do anything else.
    My whole life feels like I am just preparing to go. Detaching myself from others around me, trying not to care, not getting involved too much etc.
    The problem is that I do care.

I'm not making much sense here am I? I'll try and add more later when I gather my thoughts a bit better :dry:
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Sure!! I feel like a dinosaur. I can't keep up with all this new technology. Hell I barely know how to use this computer. I know just enough to get me in touble. I have bought books to teach me how to use it properly but haven't cracked the first one. I should have been born in the past when life was more simplar...
  3. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

I often feel like I was born sixty years too late. Now, the 1940s, I think I could have made it then. When men were manly and women were feminine and the bad guys were truly the most evil scum to walk the earth.

Yeah. I'd take that.

Of course, I'm probably over-simplifying things.
  4. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Too much stress and strain and too many expectations these days. Life is sooo complicated, everyday something new comes along to be dealt with. It's hard work dealing with todays rubbish when I still haven't dealt with the rest!! Always something to be done.
    People nagging at me to get it done. I fail them and myself everyday, I dont let it bother me anymore, I have just switched off. Preparing to leave. Detaching myself from family and life. :(

Lea xx
  5. black mamba

black mamba Active Member

You're making perfect sense. I know exactly what you mean. I'm not sure when I the right time for me to have been born would be, but it's sure as hell not when I was.

I've also tried to not care about people and for a while I managed to convince myself that I didn't. Whenever, I found myself caring I always resented it. Sooner or later I had to accept them the ability to feel empathy was a part of who I was, no matter how much I didn't want it to be.
  6. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Yes!! Thats it Andy.
    I don't feel there is much anyone can do to help me. That makes me feel guilty because I know their intentions are good, Ithen feel i have to tell them that they have helped so they don't feel bad. (i'm talking about professionals here by the way, not people on this site :dry: ) Then because I have told them they helped I have to pretend I feel better, laugh, joke etc. Then I get discharged and I'm back to feeling even worse because I have no support!!!

I know, it makes no sense to me either :unsure:

I really feel sorry for my family having to put up with me, I'm not surprised one little bit that they hate me, dont give a damn. It wouldn't surprise me if they were just as disappointed as I am that my attempt last week didn't work. Only, they must feel even worse than I do because they don't know that I will try again soon, they probably think they are stuck with me for good. I feel really sorry for them :(

OK, I'm rambling now!
  7. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Yes another invisible day............... don't know why I'm surprised anymore.
  8. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

?? i talked to you in chat?? others did? dont get it :(
  9. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about chat sam, just in general.
  10. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:hug: I do see you you're not invisible to me.

You don't need to do all those things, I don't want to and never wanted to be part of all that competitive crap, but I hear what you're saying about how you feel like a robot maybe? A machine? Maybe cos you feel pressured to please everyone including health care professionals, and maybe you're losing out on any support you could get from them by pretending things are okay?

I mean you say you care, but you don't care. I think I know what you mean. Maybe you just want a change? I don't know.

You seem to be feeling sorry for everyone putting up with you and kinda guilty for that too? For just being you? And it's okay to not be involved in all the stuff the others are doing. Maybe you need time to figure out what you want for you as you seem to concentrate on making others not worry about you maybe cos you feel bad for not doing what you're expected to do?

I don't know. I hope some of that helped.

I don't know, personally I'd rather be born in another civilisation (ancient, really way back way way back, and preferably on myself...:mellow:) altogether really, or maybe, just right away from the one I'm currently in. :dry:
  11. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I have felt like this most of my life...year before last I spent six months on my friends farm in Gujrat, miles away from the nearest town, it was like another world...if I ever get enough money I'll go and live there....peace.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
  12. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:smile:Sounds like heaven. I'd love to do that and glad to hear that you found it helpful and I understand. I really do think this place gets to me to the point where London is so stressful (think loads of people go weird here you know :unsure: it's too hectic) I've without thinking, the past few months, made my flat a safe calm place. Really shut off from everything outside and as peaceful as possible. I think there's lot of me that just feels the best in isolated places, like I feel I'm not floaty anymore, such as the woods and parks and places with little/no people.
  13. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

definitly.. i mean my mum has an ipod and i dont even get those things!! can just about deal with my mobile, computer and internet!

dont know what era as still thinking about it.. probably a gothic girl in the victorian era, i dont know as havent thought it through properly but definitly going to now.. but definitly do not fit in with this era
  14. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I think my views on the matter have been self-confessed over the past couple weeks. I would love to have been born in the early 20th century. I think I could handle the Jazz Age. I can't handle the world today - everything's too connected for my taste. There's no exotic adventures anymore :(.

I don't feel invisible in the world, I just feel disinterested and at odds with my surroundings. The struggles forward in life never quite seem to be worth the reward.
  15. plates

plates Well-Known Member

"Is there such a thing as progress?"
  16. shadowdancer

shadowdancer Member

you said it all just the way i feel .i have never felt that i belonged here:mellow::mellow:, and i am so tired of the drama. i just want to remove myself from everyone. i don't even want my kids29 &34 to need me anymore. they are mad that i tried to kill myself, but they don't mind me writing checks.
  17. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Shadowdancer I totally agree about the kids. Mine are 27, 19 and 17. I am just a housemaid, cook, personal maid etc etc. My kids are mad about me attempting too. I sometimes think I am just their ATM machine.

Ahhh well, I'll be out of it soon and they can have it all :dry:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.