does anyone elses arms feel funny during an urge? (trigger warning)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by simagirl, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simagirl

simagirl Active Member

I havent cut for 4 months and 15 days (yeah..ive been counting) but now that things are starting to get stressful again, my thoughts have begun to drift back to self harm.

and when i get urges, i get a really light tingle sensation in my arms (or where ever i was thinking about cutting). it drives me crazy because i really want to avoid cutting myself and the only way i used to make the feeling go away was to cut that area. ugh

so, anybody else get this?

2. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

Yes. Oh god yes. I hate that. It feels almost itchy, but its IN the skin... and it won't go away...

Bleh.

Good job on every single one of those days!

3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Yeah, mine feel itchy, so I like rub them to see if it'll go away, but like Broken_Wings said, it's like under the skin..

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

yep, for me it's more like an ache, but it's a physical craving as well as an emotional urge, too. pushups or lifting weights helps exhaust my arms so the physical urge is less; the emotional urge is still there, though. that's when i use every single one of my coping mechanisms.

5. DrownedGirl

DrownedGirl Well-Known Member

I have a word for that..crawling in my skin..and it is kind of true.

6. simagirl

simagirl Active Member

wow i thought i was the only one. (as usual..)

its so wierd isnt it? sometimes, i massage my arms (kind of a rough massage) and it can help sometimes...its like your arms are craving stimulation or something...

7. Crying All Time

Crying All Time Well-Known Member

Yes, I feel something like that too.

8. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i feel it everytime i need to hurt, its so damn desesperating!

9. Lost Forever

Lost Forever Well-Known Member

yeh, i feel it too(((

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.