Does anyone ever feel like they get help on here?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Tired and alone, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tired and alone

Tired and alone Well-Known Member

So, does anyone feel that they get some kind of help on this site? Just asking. I don't know where else to turn to. After all ,we are all messed up pretty bad to even be on here. They say that most people die near their birth date and mine is next month. Just thinking outloud. Nothing makes me happy, not even the little things that I used to like. I only get out of bed because the animals need to be fed. I do have a dream but I don't see how to make it happen. I just go day by day but one of these days they will run out.

2. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

Yeah, I go here when I can't go anywhere else or to anyone else. It's a good resource :) Stick with us.

Also, I noticed you're from AZ. I am too. If you wanna PM me sometime, maybe it turns out we know eachother IRL. lol :)

3. Tired and alone

I will, if this quits kicking me out.

4. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

You say you're messed up, but this is just a stage for some people towards recovery and living a life as "normal" as anyone else. This site doesn't substitute for face to face help, but I believe it is a start.

5. Tired and alone

You are probably right but it is hard to see when you are faced with so many obsticals. I used to be a positive person. Now I just feel all used up. I know that it is all in my hands but I can't see the way out.

6. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I get more help here just from reading than I would anywhere else, I think. I would never ask for help in the RW so I'm glad there's a place like this where I can come and at least say what I feel.

7. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

nobody can help me.

8. helena

helena Staff Alumni

so sorry to hear that :( :hug:
    chatted with you this morning and you seemed a nice person to me....
    I think there's allways help, at least to try ....
    Hope you stay safe.
    :hug:

9. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

This site is great!

10. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yeah, this site keeps me busy / distracted. Also I know I can get help when I ask for it. :smile:

11. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

I do, so yes.

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes,I receive a lot of help and support here :)

13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yup. place ta vent and scream and talk to people going through similar BS and meet people who actually do care which i have found surprising but it's heartwarming to realise that strangers i've never met PM me with words of support when i'm yelling and screaming death because, in my real life, nobody (my mh team in the past and my family generally) gives a fuck about me when i've been dying. just a few kind words has meant the world to me.

14. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Absolutely! Anywhere from a pat on the back, to advice to a kick in the ass when I need it.

15. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Yes this place definitely helps me. I hope you can find support here as well :heart:. There are plenty of people with open pm boxes to talk one on one too if you prefer, myself included :)
    :hugtackles:

16. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

can a helpless be helped?

17. hotaruyuki90

hotaruyuki90 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's the only place where I can write down my emotions. I can feel relieved for a while...

18. brokenheart

brokenheart Member

Yes, this board has so far saved my life. I had a plan and the means to carry it out.

I am still depressed and sad but there are now more hours in a day that I do not think about killing myself than I do about suicide.

I still cry and miss my daughter but I am trying to continue living now.

19. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

It's clear that some people find exactly what they need here while others aren't so lucky, and fall through the cracks.

I haven't fallen through the crack yet, but my perch is precarious.

20. bluedays

bluedays Well-Known Member

I don't know, to be honest. I haven't found anything that has made surviving any more tolerable on a minute-to-minute basis, yet I am still drawn back to read several times a day. There must be something in that.

I am a loner at heart and quite anti-social. And my depression and anxiety are so high that trying to find anything to hold on to in my negative mind is really difficult for me. So I don't think it's the forum itself, it's just that I think I am beyond being helped, or I'm not fixable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.