1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone fall asleep when they feel like crying?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by serena, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serena

serena Well-Known Member

For me lately I have been able to cry easily but when I'm in a place I want to prevent it, for example in the car with my Dad or in class at school, I just fall asleep very easily and quickly. Its almost as if I can't even keep myself awake while feeling like crying.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

2. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hi serena, this sounds as though it's your body's prevention mechanism, that occurs when sleep is more acceptable than crying. I haven't experienced this myself, but crying does tire me out, so perhaps the emotions are too much so your body automatically resorts to sleep. (I hope that makes sense; I'm exhausted and can't think properly!)

Next time you feel like crying, but don't want to, i.e. with your Dad, etc, but don't want to sleep either, try sucking a sweet. You can't cry with a sweet in your mouth. Strange, but true.

Mim

3. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

yeah its easier for me too. i do this almost always when i feel like crying

4. serena

serena Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering guys I was afraid it was one of those questions that never gets answered :/ That does makes sense though that is exactly what it feels like, as if my body shuts down.

5. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I have before, but when I cry or want to, I normally have too much on my mind. for me, it's just that feeling that down tires me out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.