Does anyone fall asleep when they feel like crying?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by serena, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serena

serena Well-Known Member

For me lately I have been able to cry easily but when I'm in a place I want to prevent it, for example in the car with my Dad or in class at school, I just fall asleep very easily and quickly. Its almost as if I can't even keep myself awake while feeling like crying.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

2. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hi serena, this sounds as though it's your body's prevention mechanism, that occurs when sleep is more acceptable than crying. I haven't experienced this myself, but crying does tire me out, so perhaps the emotions are too much so your body automatically resorts to sleep. (I hope that makes sense; I'm exhausted and can't think properly!)

Next time you feel like crying, but don't want to, i.e. with your Dad, etc, but don't want to sleep either, try sucking a sweet. You can't cry with a sweet in your mouth. Strange, but true.

Mim

3. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

yeah its easier for me too. i do this almost always when i feel like crying

4. serena

serena Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering guys I was afraid it was one of those questions that never gets answered :/ That does makes sense though that is exactly what it feels like, as if my body shuts down.

5. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I have before, but when I cry or want to, I normally have too much on my mind. for me, it's just that feeling that down tires me out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.