Does anyone feel invisible and ignored?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by flowers, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I was looking for a place to post this. And found this area of the forums. I had no idea that it was even here. I think I will be coming here from now on.

I am wondering if other people expereince this. I am very triggered by feeling ignored. On facebook no one responds to things I post. They are usually positive and inspiring shares.

Also, I play farmville, using a different account and name. it was very rare that anyone ever clicked on something I posted. But I always clicked on things others posted. It was sort of like playing farmville solitaire. Finally I got so tired of being ignored, I posted that I am no longer going to be playing farmville. I said it very politely and in a kind way. someone finally clicked "like", lol. She was one of my game friends !! Had to laugh at the irony of it. But seriously, I dont know why I am so easily ignored. I watch how others post and have people "like" things. Or comment. Its very rare that anyone does.

I stream a healing thing. Before and after the healing, there is a community of people from about 70 countries posting in the chat area. They all talk. If I post, I am ignored. Its like I do not exist. Or perhaps, what I say does not matter. It has always been this way. I know it would not even matter if I was gone. Honesty it would not impact anyones life in a significant way. I am invisible to most people.

I was wondering if other people expereince being invisible. Or insignificant. Thanks
  2. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

1- facebook isn't full realism, people get upset/angry over seeing/reading things that are misinterpreted or misunderstood.
    2- ignored in a community chat thing is down to the people replying, its whether or not they feel they can respond, or simply they may just not have seen your post.

One thing I've noticed, is both of these issues are online based. Being thus, its easier for people to be different to their true self. So is it worth getting upset when there could be hints of false impression?

Are your family just as 'ignorant' ? Do you have friends that you can hang out with? Just a couple of questions that may help me understand your view better. :hug:
  3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks for answiering. Its appreciated. I am agoraphobic. So I do not have much communication irl. :hug:
  4. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

I do. I hold the whole world up, cheer people on, etc. yet I am invisible and ignored. Everyone has a life and is loved but me...
  5. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

Agoraphobia is a difficult one to get around. I partly understand it as my dad was for up to 2 years that way, and still gets anxious around a crowd - even at a family BBQ. :hug: if ever you feel like ranting, send me a pm, I'll gladly respond :)
  6. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

Flowers :flowers: - I think we all experience this, to be honest. I understand how feeling as though you are being ignored would be triggering. I think, online, sometimes folks are so much in their own little worlds that they just don't notice certain things and/or people. I'm not sure people do it on purpose to be honest. Sometimes poeple are so self absorbed they can't see outside of themselves or perhaps for your healing thing, they don't know you well or feel like they can't relate because you are talking about things they don't know about.

In the grand scheme of things, we could all say we are insignificant in this world. Individually - we are not - and you are not. :rose:
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

With certain people in certain situations, absolutely. But I know who will ignore me and I don't seek attention or validation or support from them very often. When I do, it seems they don't see me or hear me, so no point going to them. I have found other people to talk to. I hope you are able to get beyond the hurt of feeling invisible so that you find people who will see and support you. And of course, we see you here of SF, and we will do what we can to offer you an ear any time you ask. :hug:
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

People ignore me on Facebook all the's supposed to be a place to connect with people, but it usually doesn't work out that way. I'm sorry that you are feeling ignored in other places too...I've found that I'm never invisible here. At least you know that we will always listen and care on this site, so try not to feel too badly.
  9. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks GisforGullible , red ribbons , Mo, Acy and Witty_Sarcasm for the wonderful responses. I really appreciate reading them. I have heard it said so many times, from so many different teachers that we will draw to ourselves exactly what we think or expect. So I should change my thinking. If I feel insiginificant and invisible, it may just continue to manifest in my life. Over, and over again. But I do appreciate all of the responses. SF is , by far, the best support website I have ever found. It is run with love. And how people support others here really reflects that !! Thanks again :hug: :rose: :flowers: :pinkrose:
  10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You will never be ignored or invisible here hun You have so much compassion you give to others it is so very much appreciated I do know what you are feeling though The people that ignore you are missing out on ones special connection they are hugs
  11. letty

letty Banned Member

Flowers i feel like that alot, there are times I feel like that here, but then there are times I am included also, i hope you are feeling welcomed here
  12. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Oh wait till you get past 40 :eek:hmy: invisible doesnt even begin to cover it :laugh:

I think we all get times where we feel as if we don't exist to others. I'm having a bout of it at the moment.
    Funny thing is, I become incredibly visible when someone wants something from me :dry:
  13. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Thanks, V. Yesterday was so longggg without playing games. It really kept me engaged in something interactive. I will survive though. As we all do, one way or another! One thing is for certain, things will change. Change is inevitable. I hope they can change for the better.
  14. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Letty., I just saw this now. Maybe I didnt realize there was a page 2. I am sorry :( I do feel welcomed here, thanks. I am sorry that there are times you feel like I do. I must say that I do not always feel ignored. But it is a trigger of mine. A theme, so to speak. Invisible and ingored. Hope you are having a day today with lots of support and love
  15. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Terry, you are a kid :D I am 61 !!! And yes, I know what you mean. Kids have lives of their own. Friends who had time are involved in all kinds of things. Or thats how I percieve it anyway. And I know what you mean about being visable when they need something. My next door neighbor who never invites me to her home, ever, asked me to sit in her home tomorrow for an hour while there is a work person there. I literally am never invited there unless she needs me to take care of something there in her absence !! But I will do it. And try my best to be loving and generous of spirit. Just remember, compared to me, you are very young, lol !!
  16. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Flowers.... :hug: you are not invisible as you can see by all the responses...
    saying that I feel invisible too like Im not good enough to count... I also dont leave the house much & dont speak to anyone irl
    even in my own family I feel ignored & as though everyone is happier without me to put a dampner on things.
    So I get some of your pain hoping you feel less alone & much appreciated today :hugtackles:
  17. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Ditsy, Thank you. I always appreciate you !! I wish I could shake some sense into that husband of yours. He does not deserve someone with as good heart as yours !! And you deserve someone better than him. Just saying. I have heard it said that the worst kind of aloneness is when you feel alone amongst other people. Eg family. That feels the worst. I want to tell you that I am not happier without you. And you matter a lot to me !! A lot. And I know I am not the only person here who feels that way about you. You matter to many people here. I know that because I see what they write to you. :heart:
  18. zzz

zzz Well-Known Member

Does a flower feel insignificant or ignored? A flower is just content to spread its fragrance. Everyone loves a flower.
  19. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I am ignored and deservedly so because I have a naturally vague brain. It's hard for me to memorize facts and shit. I have to live through something before I can talk about it; I can't talk about something I read in the paper. I wish I was more knowledgeable, but due to my depression and isolation, I only have the energy to focus on what is affecting me personally. And physically, I have a weak mouth with indistinct lips, a natural harbinger of a directionless future of repressed longing and inexpression.
  20. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I've felt Invisible and ignored for most of my life. Ignored not as much but definetly invisible. Now I'm pretty much friendless and I'm afraid I'm going to feel like this for the rest of my life
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.