Does anyone feel like the end is near?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kerplunk86, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kerplunk86

kerplunk86 Member

I can barely imagine going on one more day. Does anyone else feel like the end is near.

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yes i've felt like that often recently. i'm living on an hour to hour basis.

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Yes! But I've felt like this, for one reason or another, for about 30 years. Either therapy, meds.(or both), friends, taking care of my mother and THIS FORUM have given me the strength to go on. Welcome to the forum; I think you will meet some great, helpful people here. If you wish to send me a private message, I'm available and will respond.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
  4. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

I definitely feel like you, that's why I came here. I find myself saying mental goodbyes to people, like this is the probably the last time I'll see them. I've even begun to warn my brother that I really don't think I'm going to make it too much longer. I'm so sorry you feel this way.

5. kerplunk86

kerplunk86 Member

Im just glad im not alone. I grimace at hurting my mother but i cant fathom going on one more day. I really cant

6. Belladonna

God, I know how you feel. It's like you feel like an awful person by thinking of suicide but you feel like an awful person that should die, as it is...at least I do.

7. Belladonna

One more day can feel like forever. I try to fill in time best I can hoping that "THIS TOO SHALL PASS"! Right now, talking to you is making this day shorter since moment after moment is going by. I don't know why I'm writing this, I barely make sense and am rambling!

8. kerplunk86

kerplunk86 Member

I think it could send my mom over theedge herself whicch makes me feel terrible but im not strong enough to hold on. Im just not.

9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

you're talking here.

i'm feeling right now it's passing for me, until whenever the thoughts come back , as i'm sure it will.

can you talk to your mum at all?

10. Belladonna

For you to say that is big because you actually know what the edge looks like. Here's the thing, though, you are holding on. Maybe not for the "right" reason, like living for yourself instead of your mother, but you are definitely strong. You just don't feel strong. Think about it, when you see a bodybuilder in a show lifting insanely huge barbells or flexing like they are constipated to show off their muscles, these strong ass guys are, at that moment, so "weak", that even little old me can knock him over! This crazy-strong guys are using all their strength in doing the feats so at that moment, when using every ounce of strength to hang in there, you will naturally feel like you are at your weakest. However, being strong enough isn't the question. You are still in control, coming to a forum to help yourself, you aren't catatonic or lost your sanity. I know you can hang in because you are, you continue to, and even though you are struggling, you still look strong to me, little old me would NOT be able to knock you over.

11. kerplunk86

kerplunk86 Member

Im not here for help. Im here to not feel alone

12. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i understand that feeling well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.