• SF has fixed the certificate issue. There was never a security issue with the site, only an expired certification. It has been renewed and all is well. Sorry for any frustration this has caused you :)
  • Both the iPhone/Apple and Android versions of the SF mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. It will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recieve a private message, etc. Chat is not accessible on the app as it conflicts with the software on the site. The links to download are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Does anyone feel the same when eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been 5 years now, since I "got over" anorexia, basically my parents force fed me and made sure i didn't throw up. and now I am eating meals and have returned to a "safer" weight.

but still when I eat, the feeling I have is GUILT GUILT GUILT!!
What's strange is that now I seem to have grown an addiction to junk foods, like chocolate, coffee, pizza and chips-- I can eat them with no guilt (even though I know they are bad for you),
but when ever I have foods other than junk, like sandwiches, soups, etc, I feel extremely guilty afterwards and feel like I have to stay up until the fullness disappears or throw it up.

alison

My ed background is different from yours (my troubles have been more binging/bulimia related), but I wanted to jump in and say that I can relate to parts of what you're saying, particularly the 'guilt' thing. Sometimes it helps me to think of food as fuel, which seems to take away some of the negative connotations I've attached to food. good luck, I'm sorry you're still struggling

Viro

It sounds like you didn't deal with the issues behind it. You've still got them, and that's what's making you feel this way.

It's been 5 years now, since I "got over" anorexia, basically my parents force fed me and made sure i didn't throw up. and now I am eating meals and have returned to a "safer" weight.

but still when I eat, the feeling I have is GUILT GUILT GUILT!!
What's strange is that now I seem to have grown an addiction to junk foods, like chocolate, coffee, pizza and chips-- I can eat them with no guilt (even though I know they are bad for you),
but when ever I have foods other than junk, like sandwiches, soups, etc, I feel extremely guilty afterwards and feel like I have to stay up until the fullness disappears or throw it up.

ah, me to a tea!

i get severely ill if i eat " proper food" but like you, i've also had anerexia.. i remember it well- the stuff going inside my head was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$277.00
Goal
$255.00