Does anyone feel the same when eating?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by darklight, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklight

darklight Member

It's been 5 years now, since I "got over" anorexia, basically my parents force fed me and made sure i didn't throw up. and now I am eating meals and have returned to a "safer" weight.

but still when I eat, the feeling I have is GUILT GUILT GUILT!!
    What's strange is that now I seem to have grown an addiction to junk foods, like chocolate, coffee, pizza and chips-- I can eat them with no guilt (even though I know they are bad for you),
    but when ever I have foods other than junk, like sandwiches, soups, etc, I feel extremely guilty afterwards and feel like I have to stay up until the fullness disappears or throw it up.

2. alison

alison Well-Known Member

My ed background is different from yours (my troubles have been more binging/bulimia related), but I wanted to jump in and say that I can relate to parts of what you're saying, particularly the 'guilt' thing. Sometimes it helps me to think of food as fuel, which seems to take away some of the negative connotations I've attached to food. good luck, I'm sorry you're still struggling

3. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

i've been bolemic for five years, i think.

guilt is a common thing

4. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

It sounds like you didn't deal with the issues behind it. You've still got them, and that's what's making you feel this way.

5. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

ah, me to a tea!

i get severely ill if i eat " proper food" but like you, i've also had anerexia.. i remember it well- the stuff going inside my head was horrible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.