Does anyone have a mac?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by TheWr0ngChild, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Are they suitable for things like online gaming, instant messaging etc etc?
  2. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

Macs have there share of instant messengers and web browsers.the one good thing is that there is usualy never any compatibility issues within the software or apple hardware.and pretty easy to get in to and learn how to for gaming pcs still have the advantage.its slowly been shifting towards apple but pc's usually have more available games for it.unless your a really hard core gamer or you just have to play a certin game that doesnt work on apple then you should be ok with getting an apple/mac (same thing).macs have just about everything pcs do.web browsers/im/word processors getting an apple is a safe buy.unless like i said your a big gamer or you just have to have a certin game that doesnt work on os x.
  3. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Apple has terrible support. Here in Sweden they've ignored the Swedish warranty laws and kept refusing people new computers despite that they obviously were faulty (flickering screens, for instance). Apple is a shit company. Of course, Microsoft is hundreds of times shittier, but you do not HAVE to have Windows on a PC, but if you do need to use Windows you can just pirate Windows XP instead of paying to this horrible company. Avoid Windows Vista, however... it cannot be pirated and is just an unsafer, very much more bloated version of Windows XP.
  4. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Macs weren't made for gaming. They're focused for entertainment and art-related things.

Go for a PC.

How's the anti-Vista bandwagon treating you? I, for one, love Vista now that I got used to it. I refused to change from XP to Vista based on the bullshit I had heard from it, but it's more stable than XP from my experience. No problems so far.

Also, "it cannot be pirated" is a great thing if you ask me.
  5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

i don't have a mac sorry
  6. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

I agree, I know so many people who complain about vista and how crap it is and guess what....they're not even running it. I haven't had any hassle with vista that I didn't have with XP, I don't get why it has so much bad press. Perhaps those people were using their PCs wrong or something :tongue:

With regards to the mac, I was always told they were for art based things, I'd love to have a go with one though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.