does anyone have agoraphobia?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Passion, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

hi,
    i'm not sure how to start.
    I was diagnosed agoraphobic in 2007 and now i cant even leave my house without freaking out and having a severe severe panic attack.
    I was wondering if anyone else has agoraphobia? i would like someone to talk to about it because no one understands it. everyone just says "oh your just shy you will grow out of it." and it just irritates me more.

2. Lilly

Lilly Well-Known Member

I think that I have that too maybe....but not severe at all just like a little bit have it. Like if im not at school, i dont leave my apartment usually....I need to take my bf with me if i do and if hes not here....Like if I know that I have to go to school the next day I cant sleep Im always so nervous and if i do fall asleep i wake up and think about ways i could possibly just stay home............idk id it like that sort of but worse when its that or am i mixing them up??

3. sha8811

sha8811 Member

I think I've developed it within the past 6 months or so. Budding off of my panic disorder it makes it easier to just stay inside all the time. But it's a horrible thing, I went to a wedding last week though. I was only 15 minutes away from home but I was there for 4 hours interacting with people which was a big help. I think going outside everyday helps, and maybe each day try to add 5 minutes to the amount of time your out of the house. I've heard that helps and hope to try my journey again tomorrow. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.