Does anyone have an answer for this..

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a long time I have been obsessed with pairing things together.. Riding in a car Im going two, two ,two, two..Running circles with my eyes around two things like Im pairing them together..It could be two phone poles, two sides of a sign, two animals, a mailbox and a fence post, ect.. Lately I have also been obssessed with the numbers 22, 66, and 88.. My age is 22.. 6 times 11 is 66 and add those up and you get 88...I keep saying 22, 66, 88 in my head over and over again..Not constantly but a big portion of the day is waisted doing that.. I even have to count to 22 when Im doing things or waiting on things.. Like Im waiting on someone to answer the phone I will count to 22 and sometimes I wont even answer if they pick up before I get to 22..Whats up with this?

man

sounds similar to obsesive compulsive or touretts, the rituals and having to live by rules, I'm no doctor nor am I close to, but I would try to stop or seek help.

The lady who took my mental history to get me ready to see my new doctor took the information down. She didnt seem to worried about it.. I dont have touretts..Trust me, I knew someone with it, plus my moms a mental health worker and if I had something like that she would told me a long time ago.. Im not sure about the obsessive complusive thing though.. I do it obsessivly (most of the time) but its only been a recent (the past few years) thing.. I was just hoping to have some information so when I talk to my new doctor I dont sound like a ass..

i think you did the right thing letting them know, your doctor will know what to ask you to make sure he understands whats up.
It sounds like OCD, or some kind of related behaviours to me. Maybe you could read up on OCD and see how the rests fits you?

kittyD

Hi,
I just wanted to chime in in agreement, it does sound like a form of ocd. Can you calmly think back to when it seemed to have started and why, that could help with the doc. It must be frustrating to feel you have to do this over and over.
kD

M

Midnight-Soul

I feel for you, I had that a while ago, almost identical really, except with the numbers 4, 26, and 38, it felt like if I didn't do it, something even worse would happen to me (since it was a time when I was constantly getting knocked down all the time). It came on about two years ago and about a year later I finally got sick of it so I just told myself to get a grip and stop, for me it really was that simple, you can't really phase out of it, you just have to stop right there, just keep reminding yourself nothing bad is going to happen if you don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00