Does anyone have hallucinations?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aki, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

If you ever do, what are they like? Are they very vivid or can you tell the difference between them and reality?

2. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Well the only hallucinations I've ever had where due to an overdose on anti psychosis medication.

It seemed so real and it lasted for several days.
    I remember being held down because I thought this giant bug was trying to bite me.
    I remember being in a hospital surrounded by nurses who where tying to kill me.
    I remember being in a place that seemed so dark and there was metal everywhere.

Everyone has different hallucinations. They are very vivid and you wont be able to tell the difference between them and reality. It will be like sleep walking but you are very much awake. Your eyes see what your brain wants them to see.... Your body reacts to what your hallucination brings.

I woke up 9 days later in a hospital strapped down to a bed behind a clear plastic door.
    My mother said they had to tie me down because I was being violent.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2008
  3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

as for what is reality and what isn't- i could go into a whole different thing that would make psychs call me 'delusional' :laugh:

i generally don't like the word hallucinations

what's bothering you?

in a psych context this is the type of hallucinations one can get
    hearing, tasting, touching, seeing (all senses) but you experience things that others don't understand or say isn't real

i usually experience the somatic and hearing voices a lot. they are so common to me over the years they aren't 'hallucinations' at all but very real
    and make me incredibly sick if they aren't pleasant (ie, poison, contamination as then i stop eating)

4. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

actually i think i was going through something strange, very vivid- that sleep drugged thing for four hours before i got up from bed. i don't like that....but it ended...

i think when you're exhausted that can happen too

when you're tired you can go through strange things like that..

or you can experience things if it's drug induced psychosis too like Mr. Everybody pointed out..

5. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I think it's when I'm tired mostly...but I keep seeing a spider or insect or something and when I try and see where it's crawled off to it's completely disappeared...so then I kind of think that it wasn't there in the first place. The worst time was when I was in the library and loads of spiders kept dropping out of my hair (it sounds stupid but I'm really scared of them) then when I looked on the floor they weren't there. Like more and more kept coming out...it was horrible :unsure:
    Also it hasn't happened in years but I used to hear a crowd talking in my head as achild...and it kept getting louder and louder and the voices were all mixed up and talking together.

6. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

:hug: that does sound frightening.

do the spiders go away when you're less tired and getting more sleep?

how long do they last, spiders falling out of your hair ?

7. aki

aki Well-Known Member

It only really happens when I haven't slept much...the ones in my hair only happened once...I thought it was real and was really worried until I told my sister about it and she told me it probably wasn't real. It only lasted a minute or two. I do keep seeing spiders though. The other day I didn't sleep and then when I was tryin to I saw a spider in my room...so I went downstairs to sleep but there was another spider there....:laugh: it sounds pretty funny really...but i don't know...

8. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

that crowd thing sounds chaotic too. when i read that it reminds me of anxiety- you know how some people are scared of crowds? to you it reminds me of the crowd (chaos, anxiety, fear) getting into your head...

lots of people go through what you do, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you at all. :hug:

if they are getting a problem for you or too scary maybe seeing a doc would help

but yeah, tiredness really brings on a whole new dimension for me personally..

:hug:

9. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

spider stalking :laugh:

if you're scared i think that's another thing, they do keep following you. i've been followed by strange things popping out behind cars a lot when i walk down the street sometimes :laugh:

(it's not too funny when you're in the middle of it and scared, i know. just letting you know you're not alone and i think loads of people go through what you go through when exhausted)

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have hallucinated a few times, nothing too extroadinary just saw some rats, birds, large shadows following me, sometimes I can tell they aren't real and other times I just don't know if they were really there or not:unsure:

11. derbygirl

derbygirl Chat and Forum Buddy

I halluncinate, in fact I've been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I have visual, auditory and tactile hallucinations. It has been a hard and long battle, the hallucinations are so realistic that when im not taking my meds, i have immense trouble in distinguishing between reality and what is created by my own mind (i am now able to see that all my hallucinations and paranoid delusions are entities created by my mind, but the reason why is unknown to me).

If anyone else here is schizophrenic or has a psychotic illness, feel free to talk to me. How do you cope with your hallucinations?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.