Does anyone have Internet addiction disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by physician, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. physician

physician Well-Known Member

I know it is strange...but my internet addiction impairs my life!
    Every problem I have comes from my internet addiction...

It is so bad now.. I have lost so many things, the most important..

thats why i feel so bad, I'm not sure how will I get throw this

it is not still a diagnosis, and doctors dont know how to treat this..

i dont know what to do and how to cure myself, i'm going to a deep self destruction

it is really so bad! could it be a compulsive disorder or what

i dont have any other compulsive problem

i havent been diagnosed officially with nothing, yet this internet addiction cause so much pain in my life...

am not addicted to computers, to gaming or whatever, it is purely to internet

damn :mad:
  2. wiki

wiki Member

do you think im addicted?
    i spend every day all day in front of my computer...
    i sleep with it beside me on my bed.. when i go out of town i bring my lappie...
    i feel anxious if i cant get online like im gonna miss something or talking to
    someone.. however i never told my psychologist how much time i actually spend on my computer... maybe its an addiction.. but there have been periods where i hvent had a computer.. i used my cell phone for msn.. it was the best i could do at the time!
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

im additced!
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I think I'm becoming an SF junkie. :laugh:
  5. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'm addicted to the internet... :/
  6. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Im addicted because I have nothing better to do.
  7. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

8. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

New hobbys and stop being lazy:)

I was addicted to video games for 2 years, i spend 10 hours daily... then i just realised that there are better things in life:)
  9. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I don't know if internet addiction could really be called a disorder.
    I think an internet addiction really just masks other problems.
  10. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Same here...
  11. physician

physician Well-Known Member

In fact I have many things to do, but I can't do them because of the internet. And that's the problem!

You are not addicted unless it impairs your life, unless you can't stop going on internet, and when u cant connect u feel sick, nervous, and there is nothing NOTHING in your life that can substitute internet, nor your girlfriend nor your school.

And when you suffer too much because all the things went down there is no one who knows how to help you nor you know how

I've tried almost everything nothing helps! If I dont pay my internet bill I get sick and nervous, and have to take pills, and I have to pay it in order to feel good.

It is not officially a diagnosis but it will be in 2010. And, it fulfills all of the criteria in order to be a disease. It impairs your life, u r addicted, if that isnt present you are anxious and u need serious help!

it is a psychological addiction, just like gambling or many other things are.

12. ConsolationPrizeFighter

ConsolationPrizeFighter Well-Known Member

Its a legit addiction. but you can get help for it, some psychologists/counselors even specialize in it.
  13. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I'm definitely addicted to the internet. It is all I do all day everyday because I'm on disability and have nothing better to do. If I didn't have internet, I bet I would go insane.
  14. HexenBexen

HexenBexen Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm addicted but I've become dependant on the internet in a lot of ways. I think that's pretty much the status quo these days.
  15. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to the internet, rather, I just have nothing better I could be doing.
  16. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Me too.
  17. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I can't remember ever being without. I may very well panic without it... it's just never come up.

I would be finished without the Internet. I'm shy and awkward in person, so online is about the only place I can function or meet people.
  18. FireBird

FireBird Well-Known Member

Yes, I have Internet Addiction Disorder. I spend 24 hours a day on the Internet and can't live without it. I go crazy during power outages because of the lack of Internet. I HAVE to know what is going on in the world and also with all my posting on different sites. I need to know if the world ended or something like that. I also have to know the stock market everyday or I go crazy! Wait! I'm already crazy.
  19. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Alot of people are addicted to the net and with good reason. It's a gate way to information, it's another way to socialize, it's full of media entertainment and it's allows people to keep in touch with friends across the world. So I wouldn't say being addicted is such a bad thing.
  20. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

The internet allows you to be alone without being alone :unsure:

It allows you to isolate without isolating :unsure:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.