Does anyone here deal with chronic illness?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Jeffina, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Jeffina

Jeffina Member

Not sure if I'm putting this in the right place or not... just wondering if anyone deals with a long-term illness and has any tips for those bleak days?

J. x
  2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have diabetes, major depression recurrent, and knee pain.

I see my doctor, take my meds, try to get enough sleep each day, and I have and active relationship with God.

There's a lot more but my brain is slow today. :)
  3. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

It is a scientific fact that optimum nutrition can deal with any disease/ailment. Instead of expensive meds, you should look at your diet to determine what you are eating that is making you sick. For example refined carbs such as flour increase the chances of developing cancer, and red meat can cause colon cancer.
  4. Jeffina

Jeffina Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm doing all I can to be on the best meds, eat right, rest well blah blah blah... just need a bit of a break from my own body, you know?

Also it makes me a miserable old hag to be around ... oh and I look like sh*t :paperbag:

I really thought when I hit my 30s I might actually be more in control of my life but I am further away from that than I've ever been!

It's my hubby I feel sorry for - I really need to try and put on a brave face for him.

J. x
  5. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I suffer chronic depression, fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism , 2 painful knees and a painful shoulder, a bad back, irrritable bowel and stomach ulcers.....
    no wonder we are on this forum.....
  7. xToxThexGravex

xToxThexGravex Well-Known Member

Clinical depression and some anti-social tendencies...
  8. twistedwhispers

twistedwhispers Member & Antiquities Friend

I have Factor V Leiden, a clotting disorder.
    I take blood thinner & will be on it for life.
  9. malack

malack Active Member

I have diabetes, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, and major depression. I'm being tested for possible scitsophrenia (I know I spelled it wrong) and/or epilispsy.
  10. twc

twc Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this counts but I have chronic arthritis. It developed when I was in college and I've never been pain-free since then. I don't notice all that much anymore except when it gets really bad or someone points it out. It limits my life in certain ways though.

To deal with it, I mostly try to plan to make sure I'm not in situations where I'll need to use my joints a lot...and also... I smoke a lot of joints. It helps.
  11. Jeffina

Jeffina Member

I know the pain I suffer every day makes me hard to be around - I try not to let it get the better for me but sometimes I need to let it out and unfortunately it's the nearest and dearest that get the brunt of it.

They say they don't mind me doing it because they know I don't really mean it. Still makes me very guilty though.

J. x
  12. xToxThexGravex

xToxThexGravex Well-Known Member

I totally understand, except in my case, the people who are the unfortunate "targets" run and hide from me- and these used to be my closest friends.

Still, I'm glad that your friends let you vent. What's worse is holding it inside.