Does anyone here have anxiety as well?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SnowFallenAngel, Feb 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnowFallenAngel

SnowFallenAngel Well-Known Member

Hello to any reading

Do any of you who feel suicidal most of the time also have anxiety and panic attacks?

I used to have massive anxiety but feel very depressed and quite suicidal when not anxious, now it's the other way around! Trouble is I also have physical conditions and most of the time don't know whether I'm coming or going!!

Sometimes I feel so scared and can't breathe, then I wonder how I could possibly want to die!! Then when I'm feeling depressed, I don't want to be here! Does anyone understand me? I would love to here from you.

2. mknze

mknze Member

I know what its like to feel suicidal but also have anxiety and panic attacks.

I totally understand what it feels like.

3. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

I know that feeling all to well. Its not fun at all. Were here to support you though.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah I feel like I'm having a heart attack or dying...and I just need to remind myself to breathe. Pretty crazy feeling
  5. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I have a lot of anxiety, but mostly during anything social. I sometimes get anxiety attacks for no reason, and they can last for hours. I usually feel like I can't breathe, and I can't sit still, and I'm always really thirsty, and my chest feels really tight. I have depression as well, which isn't as bad as it used to be. thankfully.
  6. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

Yes i know what you mean.
    I have anxiety/panic attacks regularly, they last 30 minutes and my whole bady shakes and my heart is racing, then i feel like i'm going to die, and i'm suffocating.
    I'm really fed up with those attacks, i'm trying to controle my breathing.
    This friday i have an appointment with a kinesitherapist, to learn how to control my breathing while having an attack.
    Good luck to you all!
    I'm glad i could share my pain with all of you.
  7. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

I've got severe social anxiety, plus I get scared on my own for no definable reason. If you haven't already been there, you might want to poke around Social Anxiety Support: you just can't talk about suicide there (that's why I came here).
  8. Nick_K

Nick_K Well-Known Member

Me too. It makes no sense. When I'm having a panic attack and feel like I'm really having a heart attack I am desperate to hang on. I should be happy, it's what I've wished for all along. Then when I am not having a panic attack I fantasize about going to sleep and never waking up again, or sometimes I plan in a pretty detailed way. It's like part of me wants to die and part of me wants to live and neither side is winning the argument so all I do is stay stuck in indecision. Except social norms say suicide is wrong in this culture, so that turns out to be the tie breaker for me, not wanting to bring stigma on my family. It is still hard to drag myself through day to day tasks though.
  9. lllangellll

lllangellll New Member

yes i understand you two well there are some day's i'm on cloud 9 then there are the day i just wish i never woke up you know what i mean
  10. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

Yup SA has stolen my life from me,two decades i can't get back and it's downhill from here on in.
  11. Thirsty

Thirsty New Member

I wish I could express just how much I can relate to this. I have felt everything you describe in a horrible way that I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Even to the point where medication was required. This only made things worse as the medication was taken as needed for panic attacks and was quite strong. While it did "stop" that current attack, it then put me in a slump where I felt I was carrying around a 100 pound pack on my back.

That said, I do want to share a bit of my story and honestly pray it gives you at least some hope.

I was living alone at the time and the stress and pressure just kept building. I lost my job one day and boy that didn't help matters. I ended up moving in with my mom & dad (which when I did it was quite humiliating) and stayed with them for a while. HOWEVER there is a light at the end of this tunnel of a story yet! When I gave myself a break by relying on those who loved me, and surrounding myself by them I slowly realized that I was needing my medication less and less. Once I got to the point that I was barely taking it, I decided to fight the anxiety with all my might! After living with them for less than 2 months I didn't even need the medication anymore. Now that's not to say that I got cocky, I still carried it with me most of the time, BUT the attacks (and false alarms) ground to a halt!

Much of my anxiety and depression came from being single, and I was really a mess. I prayed so hard for what to do as I felt desperate for a significant other, but knew I couldn't handle a relationship while having all of this anxiety. But my hand go God, within 3 months time I was free from attacks, medication, and met a beautiful woman I am luck enough to call my girlfriend. We have been together ever since.

I can only say that I too thought that suicide was the only option. In every way and form, I was convinced that death was my only release from this affliction. I was wrong, and I thank God every day for that. I wont attempt to even guess your pain level, nor do I wish to compare. But I will say that I had it as bad as I could even imagine for years. There is hope! Please, don't give up. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.