Does anyone here have Rape Trauma Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by x BrokenBabydoll x, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x BrokenBabydoll x

    x BrokenBabydoll x Well-Known Member

    I havent been diagnosed with it or anything, because im too scared to go to my doctor as when i went to her immediately after the rape she laughed at me and told me to get over it (shes suspended at the moment, but im afraid other docs at the same surgery will react badly aswell),, but looking at all the symptoms is like reading a book of how my life has been for the past 10 months, and im sure i have it, seriously theres 3 stages to the rape trauma syndrome and i can see clear as day where i went through stage one, and looking at the symptoms im still stuck in stage 2.

    I was just wondering if anyone else has this? Or has ever had it? Please dont tell me im stupid, im afraid people will tell me its not a real illness, but it feels so so real to me, my lifes just gone to shit since then, alot of my behaviours look like theyve got better from the outside but thats because ive been closing in on myself and hiding them better. I havent spoken to anyone about it for months and months so i think the people around me have forgotten or just think im over it when im really not.

    Sorry im babbling on now, but if anyone has got it, could you reply or pm me?
  2. Brighid Moon

    Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

    I've had it. And it is a real illness. And left unmanaged, without therapy and the ability to get through it with support, it can become PTSD. It basically is a PTSD reaction. This is how I got PTSD. You need to get help, honey, and therapy, before it gets out of hand. I'm really sorry for what you're going through, and hope you get the support and help you need. :hug:
  3. x BrokenBabydoll x

    x BrokenBabydoll x Well-Known Member

    Thankyou for your reply, i dont really know where to go to get help for it though? Because i want to avoid going to the doctors if possible and i dont know if theres anywhere else i can get help with it.

    Im sorry for your experience but glad that your knowledge means i know not to leave it untreated so thankyou! I dont know how to make that hugs thing you used lol im useless but if i did id send you a big huggggggggggg :)
  4. Brighid Moon

    Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

    :hug: You can get help from battered women's shelters, who usually have support groups, or go to the county health department (not doctors) who have therapists and support groups listed. If you're trying to keep away from doctors, find support groups. I wish you luck!
  5. Little_me

    Little_me Well-Known Member

    Now when I read about it... I might have had it many years ago.

    Did your doc LAUGH at you? Oh my... Seriously? That person should not be a doc at all!
    Docs are usually not like that believe me... But if you feel uncertain, try going to another hospital nearby so you won't meet her again. Because you NEED help, you should not refuse it just because of that shitty person. If you are left untreated, you might get even worse.
    Please consider therapy, you need to get over what has happened to you and move on!
    Keep posting if you need to, hugs
  6. Scully

    Scully Well-Known Member

    I had it several years. I couldn't stant someone behind me on the street, couldn't fall alseep (until recntly, therpathy + meds help a lot). A man was a bastard not a man whomever. It lasted a long time. What I know is the sooner the therapy the better. Hold on :hugtackles:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.