Does anyone here take drugs just to feel?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by StillLyingForYou, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StillLyingForYou

StillLyingForYou New Member

I know since this is a suicide forum, Im asking do any of you guys take drugs as a coping mechanism/crutch for everyday life? I have found myself doing it alot in the past few months. Just to feel anything, to take my mind off these suicidal thoughts and depression. Im sure Im not the only one here?

2. Corieh Infected

Corieh Infected Well-Known Member

When I was younger I'd OD on medicine a lot; prescribed drugs. Was more of a nervous reaction than what I'd really call a crutch because it just ended up making things go even crazier.

3. Shiroi_Hana

Shiroi_Hana Well-Known Member

I used to do it for the opposite reason, it seemed to have that effect on me. I would get so upset with my daily life, I would take a bunch of pills just to stay zonked the entire day so I wouldn't care about what happened or about who said what to me...

4. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Anything I take is to make me 'not feel'. I just want to be numb. It hurts too much to feel.:sad:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug:

6. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

What drugs are you talking about? Some things will block everything out and some things will exagerate how you feel. Most drugs have a comedown though and in the end can leave you simply feeling worse.:smile:

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I take drugs not to feel. Mostly perscribed, but often I take pain pills.

8. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

9. Feared.Desire

Feared.Desire Well-Known Member

That’s how I started.
    I did pills and I felt great the night of, and for a few weeks. Then I did it again, and it worked again.
    The lasting happiness started to wear off after awhile, so I started doing it more but I hadn’t felt the long term effects yet.
    But they started to set in. By this time however, I was doing a lot more of a lot of different drugs a lot more than I ever should have done.

I quit now, but yeah, I did and I regret it.
    So I would say if anyone is thinking of trying it, or in that stage where it’s currently making them feel better, stop before you need it to make you feel better.

(Fyi – I sound like a tight ass, and I feel like an idiot for it. And, if I were you I’d blow this message off and do it anyways too. But I just feel as though I should warn you.)

I don’t see any problem with experimenting with drugs. But I would also suggest it’s extra dangerous for people with personality disorders. You’ll either develop new ones, or worsen the ones you have, or both.
    If you feel bad now, you’ll probably just feel worse later… I know I do. I’m starting to feel partially normal again. But I know I’ll never be the same person I was before.

10. Zetebi

Zetebi Member

The exact opposite. I do it to kill my emotions. I don't live them, they're scary, evil demons that need to be casted out.

They're pointless and have no use.

11. Jaybee

Jaybee Member

I never did drugs to feel. I've always did them so I wouldn't feel.

12. Jehovah Josh

Jehovah Josh New Member

I've been abusing drugs quite a bit recently. Mainly as an escape to the never-ending mental torture endured each day. Anything I can get a hold of pretty much. If it's a means to temporarily leave this world for just a few hours at a time, then it's welcome in my life.

13. xmda001

xmda001 Member

I used so i didn't feel and cut to try to feel but ended up just using for 14 years. Everything then stopped.

14. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Why feel anymore!? Heroin = sweet forgetfulness :)

Not that I've ever done heroin, but it does look tempting.

15. Ed.

Ed. Well-Known Member

I take them to feel, numbness is hell.

16. aimless

aimless Member

Have last few months used Ice occasionally for just this reason. Maybe once a month or so. It provided a break from the pain and for a few hours I wasn't hurting.

It was of course not the answer. The anti-depressants now seem to be doing a much better job of that on a daily basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.