Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of SCARS?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by dpla14, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpla14

dpla14 Member

hey all,
    so I have been c***** for about 3 years now off and on... it's been about 5 months now since the last time. I've been dealing with bad anxiety and depression and I did it at the lowest of the lows in my depression as an outlet for the inner pain. I started with my thighs, then progressed to my wrist, arm, neck and chest. I have 2 huge ones on my thighs that scarred very badly and look absolutely hideous. Every time I see them I feel very self conscious and wish there was a way to heal /take away the scars. I have bad ones on my left wrist as well but those I can cover easily with a watch or bracelets. The ones on my thighs and one on my neck and a huge one on my upper chest are the most visible and hard to hide and the ones i'm concerned about. I like having the ones on my wrist as a reminder of the pain and they are comforting in an odd way but the other ones are embarrassing and I wish I could get rid of them. Does anyone know how long it takes for scars from c****** heal? or any creams, ointments, medicine, etc that can speed along the process or help cover them up? thanks

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I haven't heard of any such creams or ointments to heal scars quicker than they naturally heal, but you could Google Scar Healing Techniques; they might have ideas of how to

Like you Dpla I self harm quite severely, but I just concentrate on my torso & other places I can cover with clothing - your scars on your chest & neck are severe and obvious to anyone seeing, so short of wearing a scarf and the possibility of any creams or ointments there are very few options available

tc Dpla

:freehug:

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Mt daughter has used Maderma which is a cream and it helped quite a bit- particularly if the scars were nor completely healed. There are generic names for it as well that are essentially the same thing but a little cheaper - I am sure if you Google it there will be several alternatives available depending on country. I know that one worked because she used just vitamin E cream on one and the Maderma on the other leg and it was a noticeable difference after a couple weeks. Basic lotion with vitamin E is better than nothing.

Different skin types and complexions heal very differently - some people they will fade to nearly unnoticeable over time and some others they will not ever fade much at all. An actual dermatologist may have some ideas based on your skin type and the way it scars.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you talk to the pharmacist there are creams to cover up scars and help them fade as well they would know the best ones

5. dpla14

dpla14 Member

thank you guys, I'll look into that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.