Does anyone really care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking over this site for a few days now, and it appears that the people here don't really get enough help with their problems.
It seems like people here try a little bit, but aren't getting through at all, it looks like there just isn't enough help here for me, and many other people.
In all posts that i've seen where someone says they are going to commit suicide, the other members just say "I'll miss you!" or "Please don't." and thats about it.
Can someone prove me wrong, and show me that everyone here really cares that i feel like commiting suicide, that my mom is in denial about it, so she wont do shit for me about it.That my brother encourages me to commit suicide, and actually said that if i commit suicide, he wants to give me the gun i shoot myself with.Does anyone truly care that my dad doesn't give a shit about my emotions, he just wants me to live at his house as revenge against my mom for divorcing him and sueing him 63 times for bogus charges.Does any one really care that my step mom doesnt want me to be suicidal, but doesnt have enough say in the family to do shit about it, except talk.
Does any one here truly care?

of corse people care otherwise they wouldn't be here to help, i truely care so do many others. i dont think its a case of not caring but not knowing what to say, when people create threads saying their going to commit suicide i think people find it very difficult to take it in, and many times never know what to say, which leads them to either not replying or replying saying 'please dont' etc., and i also think people are a bit concerned about what they say incase it triggers someone in to harming themselvs. People here do care but there is not much we can do over the internet except listen to people, let them vent and then reply when we can, all we can do is be there for that person

and im sorry for the way you feel, and i hope you can get thru this

vikki x

i do realise that all u can do over the internet is listen and speak, which isnt enough to really help much, but the words u say or type, can change someone forever, if they have enough meaning to them.
Remember this forever.

yes thats very true, i personally try to answer as many threads as i can with some meaning but sometimes im truely lost for words, i hope can change someones life, i would love to be able to do that. Iv only been here for about 10 days now and iv mangaed to get a few people to open up, and one member told me something they said they had never told anyone before, so i hope i can help in anyway because thats what im here to do. There maybe not alot of help on here but we need more members to do that.

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
People here do truly care Suicidal_Sesshomaru, we all do the best we can, what you need to remember is we all came to this site because we were in pain and searching the internet for help.. I am sorry that you feel we are not providing you with the help you need, as you can identify our 'faults' can you perhaps show us how we can improve?
Constructive criticism is always helpful.

It would seem your stepmom is the person most likely to offer you support, dont knock 'talking' Suicidal_Sesshomaru, it can help... you say your dad would like you to live with him, is this an option for you?
If you were living with them then maybe your stepmom could be more supportive of you.
Have you had any medical help or therapy?

I hope you find the help and support you are searching for and remember we do truly care.

p3cky

Account Closed
people might seem like they care but do they really ? maybe it is the people that dont show it that really care the most

silverflash

An interesting question. Can people really care over the Internet? I don't know. All I do know is that I am very suicidal - and have been all week - and somehow I am still alive. Do people really care? - I don't know, but I do know that I have received some support through what people have written to me and maybe, just maybe, that is all that they can do and the fact that they have taken the time to reply to me means that they DO care.
They can't solve my problems, but they have given me some of their time and that in itself suggests that infact they DO care.
Don't know if that helps but I hope so.

p3cky

Account Closed
silverflash said:
An interesting question. Can people really care over the Internet? I don't know. All I do know is that I am very suicidal - and have been all week - and somehow I am still alive. Do people really care? - I don't know, but I do know that I have received some support through what people have written to me and maybe, just maybe, that is all that they can do and the fact that they have taken the time to reply to me means that they DO care.
They can't solve my problems, but they have given me some of their time and that in itself suggests that infact they DO care.
Don't know if that helps but I hope so.
that is a very nice thing to say, and for all those people who take there time thank you, i also very suicidal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00