does anyone suffer from M.E or chronic fatigue syndrome?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by kote, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kote

kote Account Closed

ive been through stress and sought therapy over 2 and a 1/2 years ago.
    i managed to get through the stress and mood swings with the drs. help.
    now im just on sleeping pills. i cant get to sleep but as soon as the sun rises i cant move and just curl up and sleep the day away. the only active hours i have are at about 10/11pm.
    if i do something active during the day even with enough sleep and some energy i feel like im paralysled for the next few days and its impossible to do anything - washing, shaving, cooking, just going downstairs for a snack is beyond me.
    before my stress and problems i was very active and played kendo twice a week and climbed mountains and gardened and worked as a teacher and fitted as much life into the hours i could and i still had energy to spare.
    lately - well for 2 years ive just slept and cant seem to get motivated for anything. oh ive a happy life and dont feel depressed just shocked at the inabilities i have right now.

is this M.E ? or just a sickness?

oh and because of this pointless existence its put a burden on the family and along with constant suicidal thoughts and feelings it doesnt help to make the day a good day to go and do anything.
  2. akito38

akito38 Member

I believe I have the same disorder or at the very least some sort of chronic insomnia. as of this post I am going over 30 hours with out sleep. However I am tired all the time. and I generally enjoy sleeping. I am not staying up to work or do anything fun I just cant sleep. on average it takes me 2 hours to go to sleep every nite. Often I wake up after that. On top of that I feel exhausted if I don't get at 10 hours of sleep. I Already have severe depression and this is not helping in anyway. I am going to see the doctor and get some sleeping pills. I never wanted to go on them they can have bad effects and the other things I take are bad enough. But I am at the end of my rope. If I don't do something I will prolly blow my brains out. I have to a wait bit to see a doctor. no money or health insurance right now.
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Have you been tested for any of the auto immune disease?
    I know for a fact that Systemic Lupus and Multiple Sclerosis cause profound fatigue as well. I don't mean to scare you but if early treatment is key in both. Also MS causes profound depression. I suggest through testing and a neurological exam I really do as you need to be certain.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.