Does anyone think about the consequences?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Beejuice, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beejuice

Beejuice New Member

I keep sinking into the feeling of ending it all. I'm still fairly young, but I just don't find anything in me to keep on going. But I can't help to think about what it would do to my family. I wouldn't want them to feel guilty because it wouldn't be there fault. It wouldn't be anyone's fault but own. I feel like it would tear my family apart if I committed suicide and forever put them in a state depression. I feel like it would be a completely selfish act, but I feel myself dying on the inside. Every day I'm alive, practically pains me.
    Does anyone ever worry about the 'consequences' after a suicide attempt. Or does anyone feel like they're being selfish? I know it's a weird question but I can't seem to form my feelings over the matter.
  2. Beejuice

Beejuice New Member

I didn't realize there was a whole board dedicated to questions like this and already a post similar to this.
    My apologies. I'm still fairly new to this site.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yes I worry about it all the time, and I know that I might hurt some people. I guess that's one of the reasons I haven't done it yet. I want my pain to end but I don't want to create pain for them.
  4. In a Lonely Place

In a Lonely Place Well-Known Member

I dont care about the consequences because my note will absolve anybody of blame and let them know i'm now at peace&happy.I will urge them to move on quickly and be happy and if they choose not to,then that's their problem not mine.I want happiness,rest and peace of mind and i have to put myself first in order to attain this,they all have friends and busy lives which will enable them to move on.
  5. dusk

dusk Active Member

I do. My kids would be forever damaged.
  6. Multiple Man

Multiple Man Well-Known Member

The consequences are the primary deterrent, so of course i think about them. How it would affect my family. Would I go to hell. Is there really a God. What if I won the lottery tomorrow. Ultimately the compacity to cope will override the fear of consequences. Just hasnt yet
  7. thingsaregonnachange

thingsaregonnachange Well-Known Member

My mother is the only person I truly worry about. She is divorced and she doesn't really have anyone besides me.

Thankfully I'm not married or have any kids and no one depends on me financially, so in material terms my absence won't affect anyone.

Still, the thought of her suffering is the only thing that truly makes me hesitate.

If I go ahead and finally end up doing it, I already have a very detailed plan to diminish as much as possible the shock.

The best thing would be to make it look like an accident, but it probably wouldn't be painless, so there's no other option.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  8. Anneinside

Anneinside Well-Known Member

When I am not suicidal, I sometimes think about how my death would affect my family. When suicidally depressed, I can't process those thoughts, all I can do is fight the urge.
  9. Hewwy

Hewwy Banned Member

Like many, the consequences to my family are the main things keeping me from actually doing it. The thought of my family in sadness really is quite painful to think about. I would certainly leave a note, as mentioned above, to let them know i do not blame them for anything that may happen. I am torn though, if one can see that your closest family knows you are suffering, and it brings them pain, what is worse, the pain of loosing a son/daughter, or the pain of seeing them suffering in life. Personally (at least so far) i've erred on he side of caution, as suicide is generally considered to be an irrevocable act.
  10. vir

vir Well-Known Member

Hell, I would've been dead years ago if it wasn't for my family. Not so much that they made me feel better, but that they made me feel much worse... about the idea of killing myself. Doesn't mean I don't feel envy every time I hear about someone dying in an accident though.
  11. whydoes

whydoes Member

I think about the consequences and the hurt I would cause my loved ones, but I am not sure that is why I am still alive. I also think about someone killing me, like coin-tell-pro, and setting it up to look like a suicide, which makes me angry. I also think about my step-dad telling me he wasn't even sure my father loved me and then lying about saying it because I wonder f a simple sentence is enough to make someone suicidal.
  12. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

Yes, I think about the consequences to my family and friends.

During my last attempt, the pain was so overwhelming that it pushed my concern for them away. And that's where the day to day struggle is for me, how to avoid getting to that danger point to where suicide becomes a thought again.
  13. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I used to use my family as an excuse to not commit.. My mom passed away in October and my Dad passed away this morning.. Now all that leaves me is my daughter and grandaughter.. I haven't quite thought that one thru yet,..I know I don't want to be here anymore.. Living in fear, depression, anxiety, Borderline personality disorder, Paranoia..They wear me down everyday..
  14. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

I wonder about what will happen when I die, but it's hard to imagine reactions: I feel so distant from everyone, I have a hard time telling to what degree they like me or would miss me. My primary worry is for someone to take care of my pets, and I know my mother or brother will take them, so they'll be fine. But so far as anyone being mad at me or's hard for me to imagine that. They'll probably be upset--that seems like a normal reaction--but how much, I have no idea.
  15. Fredericks

Fredericks Well-Known Member

Sounds like we've got a lot in common, but you've lasted so much longer than I have: how have you managed to keep going?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.