does anyone think i should kill myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by doesnt matter19, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doesnt matter19

doesnt matter19 Well-Known Member

I dont know what else to do I have no reason to live nobody might even see this so whatever I know I am worthless anyway

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. I may want to die. But I think that trying to suicide is a very bad idea for a couple of reasons. First, the overwhelming majority of attempts fail. Too many times the attempts leave people with permanent damage e.g. liver, other organs. And often it results in mandatory hospitalization.

The other reason is one I have heard more than once. From all sorts of people. That we may not go to such a great place if we suicide. I do not know if its true. But I have heard it enough times so I dont want to risk more misery than I am in now, if it is in fact true. And again, I have no clue if it is true.

I know this may not be what you wanted to hear. It was not what I wanted to hear, thats for sure. But it stopped me from planning. I still want to die. But I know I will not do it to myself.

When I am in the kind of pain where I really want to die, I also believe that no one will miss me that much. But when I am clear from the intensity of the pain I think about family. And I know that it would have a deep and lasting impact on them. I do not want to do that to them. As I said, I do not think thats true when I am in the deepest pain. I think they would be better off....

Want to talk about why you do not want to live? What's happening that makes it so painful? I can honestly say that meeting people here has helped so much. This is a good community. I do not want to know how much worse off I would be without it. So maybe it might help to post here a lot. Get to know people here? I don't know. But its a thought.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  3. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Dont see what there would be to gain.

Let us know here whats troubling you and try to help.

4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

No, not at all. Please talk to us and we may be able to provide some comfort and support. You are not worthless. That is a completely false assessment. Please keep posting, this is a very good place to let it out. You will be pleasantly surprised by the compassion that those on this site will give to you. Wishing you did not feel this way.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are doing good reaching out here for support talking to people who understand some of your sadness Have you reached out in real life as well to your doctor or someone your trust to let them know how sad you are. Keep talking to us ok let us know what has brought you here

6. doesnt matter19

I have nothing to lose but my sadness and pain ive just really wanting to die and woundering what others thought

7. doesnt matter19

How I said I'm worthless and I Dont want to live in depression alone anymore

8. doesnt matter19

I will never be happy apparently nobody around me ever cared and there isn't even any reason for to care I truly wish I was already dead or any reason to tell anyone

9. doesnt matter19

I dont ever want to see a therapist or anything I know that can't help me

10. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

How do you know it won't help you unless you try it? Sounds like the depression is clouding your judgement. Depression doesn't have to be permanent, it can be treated with the right mix of therapy and meds if needs be. I would suggest trying it, what do you have to lose?

11. doesnt matter19

I can barley tell people I dont know online I won't do it to a therapist I have no money for therapy

12. doesnt matter19

My life will always b terrible all I have to lose is a lifetime or sorrow

13. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

No. (does anyone think..?)

14. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

(does anyone think..?) re- No.

15. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

My opinion is strongly that you should not kill yourself.. Things can change and get better.. Have to still be alive for that to happen doesn't matter.. If can happen for me, it also can to you!!!

16. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

can always make an appointment with the regular doctor as they can give you some advice and they're good at listening at times as well prescribe basic stuff.

I am giving myself a reason to live. For my dog. Screw everyone else. I hear ya about not wanting to live in this type of state.

do you have a job? what do you normally do day in and out?

17. doesnt matter19

I'm out of school I work when I sit around I start thinking of how I could die and how pathetic my life is I'm not interesting I'm no good at anything

18. doesnt matter19

At this point I wish I could do it and people and wish people would just say ya I should ya I do have nothing to live for

19. doesnt matter19

I almost would just walk into a hospital and tell them how close I am to doing it and tried

20. doesnt matter19

And I tried to kill myself before I fail at anything nomatter I do I'm surprised I even have a job. Who would want to hire me I thought I had friends when I didn't like I said nobody cares bout me. Apparently except for random people online

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.