does anyone think like me:?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by life, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. life

life Well-Known Member

having a mental ilness and also realizing other probems...Like me for example.....İ have a mental illness very complex and serious one.....i also ugly...not clever...low self esteem..very poor at when i think ok what should i live for? what are my good points? i cant find none...does anyone think like me:? or is it just me :huh:..
  2. lulu rose

lulu rose Guest

I do, though I'm different to you in the way that I've not been diagnosed with anything because I havnt gone to see anyone yet.......I really should.

But I have the mind set of "theres no point doing anything, even if I want to do it, even if I can do it, even if it's easy to me, theres no point because no one will care. No one else will tell me I did good and no one else will benefit from it"

I basicly live for other people.

You're not alone in thinking like that hun, I hope you're ok right now ^_^
  3. Divine Rage

Divine Rage Member

I also see no point in doing anything, it's so hard to just live for yourself. I recently admitted to myself I need people, but there's no one.
  4. Abby Rose

Abby Rose Well-Known Member

That sounds exactly like me.
  5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

you seem to fit the description right there...
  6. ace

ace Well-Known Member

life I follow what you're saying I feel the same way but please try not to blame yourself I know you're doing your best and it's no way easy at all.The hard part is that even when you do something that seem's or is an achievement,to you it feel's like nothing and something that everyone can do or mostly does with ease.
  7. rwillson

rwillson Well-Known Member

i have the mental illness, twice over, mood disorder and personality disorder and the two play off each other, also have other issues, my therapist thinks i carry some PTSD traits from my fiance dying (which i have never gotten over). i know i am not ugly (i used to model) but i do have serious body image issues. my intelect or at least my creativity has been severly diminished do to medication (not good for the star fine arts and advertising major who everybody thought would make millions). my socialization skills are all a lie, i put on a good act but in reality i am a frightned child hidding in the corner. i had to resort to SSDI to survive, i hate my life and i have always had issues with disliking my self in general, the only time i think i really liked myself, really liked myself and not covering up with narcisim was when my fiance was alive, she brought out the best in me...

after her passing the self loathing returned with a lot of guilt which is unjustified, but i just can't shake it...

8. Sashi0

Sashi0 Well-Known Member

I feel more like a burden than a useful individual. I cost people time space and money... just being here. I hate how useless I am, there are others that are way more in need and deserving than I am so I really don't feel like I deserve the right to be here. I've felt this way for so long, I am here out of fear to be honest. I'm pathetic :sad:

When I try to shut myself up and try to think of good things/ reasons anything about myself, to justify being alive I really can't think of anything other than how much of a waste I am.
  9. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

That's how I feel. My cat is keeping me here, though, and the hope of getting my dog back. I haven't told my mom my suicidal feelings for a while, but she keeps saying how my cat would die of a broken heart without me. So I guess she knows. I love my family and I know they'd be hurt, but I can't help but think they would do better in the long-run. Maybe that's just the depression talking, I don't know. I feel worthless but selfish at the same time for wanting to get out of here.

To be honest, if I try to get past the depression, I think people would be hurt deeply by my death, no matter how utterly stupid and a waste I am. Emotional attachments are strong.

I know I don't know you, but you sound very intelligent, and I'm sure there are many people who love you and on whom you have a positive impact. Have you been able to confide in anyone? I'm sure they could assure you of your worth, and perhaps get you medical help, because depression is an illness. Feel better, and take care.
  10. Sashi0

Sashi0 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that really cheered me up atm. :hug: I get what you're saying.
    And wow, I have a dog that really is my main reason for sticking around. I love him so much... :sad: I think it's pathetic though, people raised me from birth and yet I think of my DOG before them. :dry:
    Well yeah :hug::hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.