Does anyone want to get better?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Canti, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canti

Canti Guest

Does anyone actually want to get better? I love the release of stress and tention when i cut (i dont love actually cutting though) and i cant think of any way i´d be if i wasnt ´depressed´.

I dont think i want to get better but at the same time i do want to be happy.

Can anyone relate?
  2. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I've never wanted to stick in one place for long. I get restless. I don't know what is 'recovered' but I'm much better now than this time last year when I was half dead...
  3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

'Bout seven years this way.

I don't remember how to act. I wouldn't know how to treat a "recuperated" me. I think my being depressed and/or effed up is a character flaw and not a condition. It feels like it.

If I get rid of the character flaws which expedited the formation of my personality, I must get rid of the personality, so I must get rid of the person....
  4. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

I want to get better but it all depends on how im feeling lol. And how do you know if your better anyway, I wouldnt know if it was staring me in my face.
  5. music

music Well-Known Member

i would probably do just about anything to not feel like i do.
  6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

waddya mean, do i want to get better? i *am* better!

okay, just kidding. well, mostly kidding. i still have strong urges to self-harm, but i'm much less suicidal. how did this happen? stopping thinking (just like quicksand, more i t thought, the worse i felt). instead i started doing: meds, therapy, a great community nurse, meditation, walking, relaxation... you name it i tried it. if it worked i did some more. if it made me worse i stopped.

i am a person with depression, yes, have attempted suicide. but i am so much more. getting well does not challenge my identity....
  7. Canti

Canti Guest

Wait what.. youre doing a great community nurse? Hows that going for you, is it a serious relationship or just ´abit on the side´?
  8. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

:laugh: omg i am just dying of laughter...

ya got me there... freudian slip i guess... how about... um... seeing a great community nurse??? nah, that doesn't clear things up...
  9. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:rofl: hehe, funny!
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Now, back to the topic :laugh:

I want to get better, but that is prooving impossible, im trying all sorts of different meds(which aren't doing me any good so far:sad:), seeing a doctor, trying to think positive hmm..thats about it really lol!

I just want to be happy:sad:
  12. Love's Icy Death

Love's Icy Death Well-Known Member

do i want to get better?

in all honesty no, i like my depressing lonely SI filled world:sad:
  13. munchamania

munchamania Guest

somersault-flavored gum
  14. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Why would I not want to 'get better'? Of course I want to feel better, I'd rather not be miserable.
  15. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

decembrish i posted in another forum i don't wanna get better, cut i don't know what 'better' means.

being drunk is annoying
    being depressed more so.

cheers jess, rae, lynn, rest of you kids, let's all of us get 'better', hah, easy to say it........ blah.

argh let's be' happy' .
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  16. I want to get better.
  17. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I would like to but it seems near impossible. :(
  18. Canti

Canti Guest

I think i feel like i dont want to get better because i hate change. Ive known depression for about 5 years and its all i can relate with. Most of my time i spend alone becasue people generally anoy me.
  19. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

i don't wanna be in this deep pit but it also scares me to get better
  20. seba3c

seba3c Member

I totally understand where you're coming from. I've been depressed since I was about 12 and I'm now 27. Depression seems normal now. I don't feel like I know how to think any other way. I almost feel like I want to stay this way sometimes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.