Does anyone work and is constantly suicidal

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by wastedmylife, Feb 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I am going to have to get a job, I havent worked in a year, a year ago I was pretty much the happiest person in the world and now I have to adjust to being the most miserable person in the world

I will have to work with the constant thoughts of suicide and that pretty much being the only thing I look forward to, will I be able to do this?
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I've recently started work again and although I do find it hard to get up everyday and put on the mask of "I'm fine" I am realizing that it is worth it. Sitting at home all day on my own and going over and over my problems was just making me even more depressed. Having no money coming in just meant that my financial situation was getting worse everyday and that too made me more depressed. It fed that belief that I was useless. Going back to work has meant I'm not dwelling on my problems 24/7. The thoughts are still there and I know I have to fight that everyday but simply getting out is doing me good. The money helps as well. The cause of my depression isn't going to go away no matter what I do but getting the rest of my life up and running again makes it easier to cope with. Fortunately I've managed to get a job I enjoy which probably makes a difference. Best wishes. S.
  3. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

i think maybe there is a tone of 'hope' in your post. . . you are looking ahead. that is very positive. snowraven spoke with a lot of wisdom - about focusing on a job - and being able to perform - therefore gives you some stimulation that can lift you outside your problemsn.
    does not take them away - but - can perhaps show you another path.

i will be thinking of you -and i do think you ARE strong enough to do this . it takes courage and strength to reach out - for help - as you have done . i have faith in you - please keep me posted . . ! :hug:
  4. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

It's the great and secret show. Luckily most of my income comes from freelance work, but when I'm out and about - I do lots of volunteering to offset the lonely suicidal impulse- I just go out and smile. It's a lot like doing other things in your social life. Just grin and bear it.

Good luck, and congratulations on getting back on the horse. It's a tough thing to do.
  5. ChillCash

ChillCash Active Member

I think it will depend on what kind of job you get. I currently work at a restaurant and it is horrible. 7.15 an hour doesn't help either.
  6. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

i think that just keeping yourself occupied can really help you when youre feeling depressed. working is one of those destractions. As snowraven put it (very well, i might add), it gives you that feeling of self confidence and it also takes away a lot of things that could make you depressed: getting money, feeling worthless, etc.

I hope this helps :)
  7. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I've been working the past year. I guess you just gotta leave suicide behind when you go to work and focus on the job. Kind of hard to do, but it has to be done to continue the livelihood.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.